Old 06-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #16  

Height: 5'5.5"

Congrats!

Don't worry about your age. My youngest is 16 months and I am 40! (Menopause does not mean you can't get pregnant). Don't worry about your weight. Your ob/gyn will help you make the right decisions for your health and the babies. Don't worry about your finances. Most of us are trying to get by in these tough times. You will find a way. If you need government assistance then look into applying for it now. Also look to see if there is an Angels Food Ministry in your area. They are a huge help. Don't worry about your husband. Mine was the same way. He came around in a big way once the baby was born! Children are a blessing. I can't even imagine my life without my youngest. Enjoy every minute.

Last edited by LizR; 06-02-2010 at 04:45 PM.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM   #17  
the camera adds 10 lbs

S/C/G: 258/ticker/185

i was 34 when our last daughter was born...ill be 50 next week...that is a non-issue...as long as you stay active and involved, you will stay youthful...now that that worry is out of the way you can move on to other ones....good luck...to me its great news!!!
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 PM   #18  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations Linda! I wish you guys all the best!

You're in my thoughts as far as extra money/space goes. Keep us posted!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #19  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Congratulations and welcome back to the mommy club

My only suggestion is what I am doing right now - continuing to log my food and make sensible choices, even when my doctor and society at large is wanting me to eat more. Listen to your hunger and get lots of protein, and of that falls into higher or lower calorie ranges don't worry, your body will tell you if it needs more fuel. Nighttime snacking that is not healthy is a definite bad idea, as the older you get the greater your chances for gestational diabetes are. So try and make your snacks substantive with protein and fiber, and keep treats in their proper place - a small part of your diet, after all important nutrition has been filled.

I was around that weight for my previous two kids and did okay, but it wasn't ideal in terms of my health and I did have a lot of aches and pain earlier than most women, just due to the extra weight. Trying to keep active helps immensely with that.

Good luck, I wish you and your baby the very best!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 06-02-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #20  

Height: 5'5"

I was about 280 when I conceived triplets. I gained about 25 pounds during the pregnancy and lost it on the operating table when they were born. I had a high risk pregnancy because they were higher order multiples, but it was as healthy as it could be!

There is a plus size pregnancy website (google it) that had some info I found helpful. The creator of that website also has a blog called The Well-Rounded Mama.

I freaked out about space and finances and everything when I found out we were having three, but it all worked out for us and it will for you, too.

Congratulations!
peaceful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 PM   #21  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

What a wonderful blessing! I am so happy for you!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #22  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations! I know it's tough right now, but you can have a healthy pregnancy! I was much bigger than you with both of my pregnancies. When I had my first son 2 years ago, I weighed 346lbs. The day I had him I weighed the exact same thing. I had my second son six months ago. I had lost down to about 314 before I found out I was pregnant again, and was about 324 when I had him. I focused on making the healthiest choices I could and exercise (walking mainly), not focusing on losing/maintaining weight.

The money/space thing...I can commiserate. We had our limitations as well and baby # 2 was a welcome surprise. We made it work, made some changes, and after lots of searching were actually able to move to a bigger place for less than we were paying before (we rent, though).

The age gap...I envy! You have helpers and children old enough to deal with the new addition. I love my boys as they are, but it is tough sometimes with a toddler and an infant.

Congratulations again! I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Last edited by ScarlettDrawl; 06-03-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:02 PM   #23  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Thanks so much Ladies
I SO needed this...

xoxoo
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 315/284/onederland

Height: 5'6"

I was 292 when I conceived my first child and went on to have 4 kids in five years. I was healthy and didn't gain much weight at all, but I was VERY careful with what I ate. My youngest was born when I was 34, 2 years ago. We are all healthy and happy! Wishing you the same! Congrats!
Blairsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #25  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizR View Post
Congrats!

Also look to see if there is an Angels Food Ministry in your area. They are a huge help.
I so WISH we had Angel Food Ministries here! But I'm on Vancouver Island in BC Canada...I've looked into it in the past and we don't have it here
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #26  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Linda, I'm so unbelievably excited for you! I'll be praying for you and your family as you adjust your lives to bringing this little one in.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #27  

Congratulations! I actually lost weight during my 7th (and final!) pregnancy. I was obsessed with being healthy before the baby was born and started walking daily, drinking water, and eating healthy food. Because of cutting out the junk food, adding the exercise, and my metabolism being faster due to the pregnancy, I lost a considerable amount of weight, and gave birth to very healthy 7 lb. boy.

Don't worry about the weight during your pregnancy, just focus on being healthy and the rest will follow. I found my delivery was so much easier than my others because I was stronger and more in shape then I had been in years.

Congratulations and best of luck to your family!
mthrgoos68 is offline   Reply With Quote