Old 06-01-2010, 07:22 PM   #1  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

Default Fatty Fatty Fat Fat

That is me today. I had cereal for breakfast and then met folks for lunch. Planned on having a salad and then.. had pancakes with banana and two scrambled eggs.
Then I went to the store and bought asparagus and scallops.
And had half a chicken cheesesteak for dinner. I was seriously about to eat the other half when I stopped and logged it all on FitDay. That stopped me.

WTF is wrong with me? I'm pissed. I'm upset. I just don't understand why I lose control like an idiot.

Oh, and I didn't work out either.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Don't beat yourself up. Don't throw yourself down a flight of stairs for tripping on a couple steps.

I know you said you didn't work out today, would it be impossible to go workout, or take a nice walk? I know I always feel better when I do that, regardless of what I've eaten throughout the day.

Tomorrow is a new day!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

How did it look on the food log?

For instance, was the cereal too light, leave you hungry, and then set you up for "catch up" eating all day?

How do you do with a heavier breakfast? If you saved that chicken sandwich, try having that tomorrow.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Do a few sit ups before bed and that will help you feel better.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #5  
Philly Dancing Queen

My Fit Day (which is public for full accountability effect) says it's 1600 calories and 60 grams fat. But that seems low to me.

After you mentioned the workout, I was like .. she's right. I put in my Let's Dance on the Wii Fit and did 20 minutes. In a silk sundress, no less. Because I knew if I walked upstairs, that would be the end of me.

It's just so frustrating that the food just frigging takes over.

Tomorrow, I'll have the fruit smoothie with protein powder for breakfast - that's typically much better for me, fullness-wise.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #6  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Wow, do I ever know how you feel. I feel this way at least once a week. Seems like I do well for a few days and then I have a day like yours. The important thing is that we are still here. We haven't given up!

I would love to figure out where the puppet strings of food comes from so I could cut them once and for all.
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

I completely understand how you feel. I have been there. I just remind myself that it's a process that there's going to be bumps along the way, and all I can do is get over them and move past them and keep plugging along. I think it's great you got up and moved, and here's to a better day tomorrow!!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 PM   #8  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

It happens... to all of us when we fail to plan. So you are awesome in that you recognize that you need more protein for tomorrow's breakfast in order to set yourself up for the day.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #9  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchmoxie View Post
I was seriously about to eat the other half when I stopped and logged it all on FitDay. That stopped me.
This is a huge victory right here. You started to screw up, you realized what you were doing, and you stopped it. And that, my dear, is awesome.

Onward and upward, kiddo.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:29 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

I agree with gloo.....this really is a victory of sorts because you did regain control and you even added in some exercise! Forgive yourself and move on.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #11  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchmoxie View Post
It's just so frustrating that the food just frigging takes over.
The food takes over because you're eating the kind of food that takes over. What you're eating right now is going to lead you to a lot of "white-knuckle" moments where you have to power through on willpower...or cave in because you're desperately hungry or crave-y. I looked through your FitDay for the last couple of weeks, and my recommendations would be:

-- Raise your protein a lot, and especially early in the day. This will help even out your blood sugar and help you manage hunger and cravings.
-- Eat vegetables. You're getting hardly any, and as a result you're getting almost no fiber.
-- Concentrate on healthy foods that will fill you up with volume. Veggies, lean protein, some fruit, some dairy.
-- Cut down on the processed foods.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #12  
account abandoned

Hey, at least you had a banana :P That gotta count for something, right? Seriously though, I agree with everyone here: don't beat yourself up! Just carry on as normal and do better the next day :]
Bazz Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #13  
Determined

S/C/G: 263/ticker/145

Height: 5ft4

I know how you feel as well. I think everyone has bad days but don't let that get to you. Forgive yourself and then just get right back on track! Hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.
Melzx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #14  
Philly Dancing Queen

I hear what WarMaiden is saying - hence the plan to eat the salad and the dinner of scallops and asparagus.
I try to make a fruit smoothie with protein powder in the morning, but that's about as close as I'll get to cooking. Maybe I should just have the chicken sandwich in the morning and then have a bowl of cereal at night? That might actually work..
Old 06-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #15  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

I just gave up most ready to eat type cereals. Not filling enough and set me up for blood sugar crazies. I'd go with dinner leftovers any time and if I have to go for a cereal, I'd rather it be old fashioned oatmeal.

In fact, I'm baking up some oatmeal now and boiling some eggs so I can have oatmeal w/ egg for easy breakfast over the next few days. It's adapted to what I had on hand from the Tosca Reno book. She calls is Caledon Oatmeal.

2 c old fashioned oats
2 c skim milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c chopped walnuts (instead of almond)
1/2 c raisins
9 oz unpeeled apple, chopped (instea dof 1 large, 2 small)
4 tbsp honey instead of maple syrup

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a large casserole dish or baking pan with cooking spray.

2. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.

3. Place mixture in casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.

Number of Servings: 6

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 06-01-2010 at 11:13 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote