3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Boot Camp! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/20344-boot-camp.html)

PNG 2 09-24-2002 01:14 PM

Boot Camp!

Looking at my recent stint with exercising, I've decided that I need a kick in the butt... heh, looking at a 2 week "Boot Camp" workout plan... pushing my body as far as it can possibly go, then giving a little bit more...they say when you work yourself to total fatigue, you're still only giving 50%, and it's your mind that's giving up, not your body... going back to the exercises I grew up with, instead of the girly exercises I fell into lately... :lol: I was pushed, but now, I wonder if it wasn't all worth it in the end... I don't feel all that strong lately...tired, just BLAH...even when I do work out... so anyways, I'm stripping it down to the bare bones... no music, no videos, early, and I mean EARLY mornings, lol, the less people who see me huffing and puffing my way through the streets, the better :lol: and exercises that use my body for weight and resistance...rain, shine, sleet... oh wait, this is the desert, all we have is shine...anyway, you get the idea... wish me luck...lol, if I don't fall over croaked, I'll be back! :D

Sandi 09-24-2002 02:38 PM

You go girl, I know you can do it!!! :strong: :jig:

Goddess Jessica 09-25-2002 03:13 PM

Read the latest issue of Fitness. It has a great article about a boot camp program in New York. It's very good (and amusing). What I was marvelled about was that it cost $300!

MzPen 09-26-2002 08:47 AM

This is too funny -- I'm going to have to read that Fitness article! Years ago I had an idea to start a Boot Camp for weight loss. It would be like a real boot camp, and it would cost a lot of money (not because I thought I would make a lot of money from it but because the cost of it would be big - as you can imagine, I hate the thought of all the money people spend to lose weight). It would have barracks and real retired Marine drill instructors, nutrional experts doing the food, medics making sure no one keeled over, etc. And while of course your objective for going there would be to lose weight, you would also get an attitude adjustment and lots of discipline (something I lack in abundance!). No touchy-feely stuff here.

Of course, the problem is: how many people could afford to do something like that? And not only afford it, but take time out of their lives to go there?

Ah, well, I can dream, can't I? In the meantime, that's a great idea! Good luck -- I'll have to see if I can push my limits, too!

Pen

anagram 09-27-2002 04:30 PM

I'm not Boot Camp material but wish you all well.

Had three good water workouts and two good walks so far this week. Aiming for a walk each day over the weekend. Even walked in the rain yesterday. And I didn't melt (darn).