250lbs +?

• HI! I just joined the website. I'm a bit lost, and trying to figure out the flow here. I guess I'll start off here in the group section! Maybe I'm posting wrong, lol sorry, but feel free to correct me

I estimate around 280 pounds right now, and I'm 5'7. If you're in the same league as me, or just want to join me, lets be buddies! I figured making a small group will keep me motivated, as well as the girlies wanting to join! I want to start a new motivational team so we can keep posted

My name is Jessica, I'm 18, and I live in southern Texas. I'm currently a sophomore in college, and I'm turning 19 in a few weeks. Hello! Tell me about yourself, and would you like to be my weightloss buddy?
  • Hi Jessica, welcome to the 100 pound club. This is a great place for support. I think that it is wonderful that you are working on getting your weight under control while you are so young!
  • welcome to the 100lb club we are happy to have you! ^_^
  • Welcome!

A.
  • Hi Jessikaya! Welcome. You've found an awesome group of weightloss buddies here. If you're looking for a smaller group, you might want to check out some of the challenge threads...ie, Daily Weighing, 4th of July Challenge or you can come post daily in the Accountability Thread. All of these are located right here on the 100lb club. Let us know if you need any help navigating around the site. It can take a few days to really get acclimated.
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome! I started a bit above you, at 287.5, and I'm 5'9", so we're pretty close. I also just stumbled on this community the other day, but I can tell it's going to help a lot as I continue on my path to a healthier me!

I think it's great you're making changes so young! I always meant to in college LOL...but now I'm 30, and finally really taking it seriously!
  • Hello ladies (& Gents if theres any on here lol)

But i'm a 22yr old mother weighing at 257 (hopefully i didnt gain over the holiday) i'm sooo sick of being over weight. ive always been a heavy girl. i was also always the biggest kid in school. By November i want to be at least 180. I want my life back. its so depressing living in south florida and going to the beach in long pants. i cant remember the last time ive been to a pool or beach. i drove by the beach yesterday to sihgt see with my boyfriend and is was embarrassing to see even olderly people with six pack enjoying themselves. ugh (y did i let this come of myself). i need a walking buddy. im doing the ideal protein diet so the encourage us not to exercise because we're not intaking enough calories per day so we'll end up burning muscles and not fat.