Old 06-08-2010, 08:47 AM   #121  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Tracey - You didn't mess up 30 days, you messed up 1 night and it happens to everyone sometimes. Just get back to it and forget about yesterday.

Matt - Welcome aboard!

GirlyGirl - It was beef, I promise! We were watching the movie during dinner though, told you - we're nutty. It was good, though I don't like chianti apparently, so I only had about 2 oz.

Well, yesterday ended with 1966 calories in and 4019 calories burned for a deficit of 2053 - definitely POP. Today is another gorgeous day and I'm about to head out there and start burning.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #122  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Yah. Last night was epic fail night. I did awesome all day and then had peanut butter and crackers... LOTS of peanut butter and crackers. And a granola bar. A slice of cheese and a hot chocolate. I fell deep and hard into bad habits ...

Today WILL BE A BETTER DAY. I've had my bagel and LC wedges. Going to eat my banana. Will get in some exercise.

I'm stressed beyond all recognition... three daycare interviews this week (holding them... I need families for september) dance recital, kids auditioning for company, placing an older dog in a pet home, really sick daycare kids etc etc etc etc etc. I cracked. it sucked. food will not fix my problems. Repeat a million times.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #123  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I am pretty tired today, but the day is all planned out food-wise and I've already done my workout. (Which I sucked at, but I did get it done.) The whole family is adjusting to the summertime schedule--the kids get to stay up a little later, but that means my time alone and with my husband in the evening gets really cramped. Also, my work schedule has flexed to 9 hour days M-Th and a half day on Friday for the rest of the summer...which is awesome on Fridays but pretty brutal during the week. On top of all that, being in a significant calorie deficit really affects my sleep, so I haven't slept well at all the past two nights.

So today I'm going to just kind of survive, but continue on plan.

Hope y'all have a good day on plan and are able to also weather whatever life may be throwing at you.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:26 AM   #124  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Last night was also an epic fail for me.

I went to the gym for my run and about 2.5 miles in my stupid knee starts to hurt and it being this close to the race, i stopped right away, walked at bit but since it was still hurting i stopped. I had to go to the grocery store to get some oatmeal and more lc wedges and that was a bad idea....I was hungry and I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. I managed not to buy anything and head up to the checkout but i was grumpy and wanting to throw a hissey fit. And as usual the line I pick is the slowest moving line because the lady in front of me has 30 coupons (at the SELF checkout) and her payment card was declined 5 times before she decided to try cash. So I get my stuff, pay and leave but am sooooo aggravated, tired, emotional and as usual I ended up bingeing and going off plan, I don't even try to stop it. I think I'm afraid of my inner child that wants to scream and kick and fight when she doesn't get her way or something....I'm afraid to tell her NO. That crap needs to stop. I'm trying not to be hard on myself, but I feel like I've been so easy on myself latlely with going off plan. ARGH! The only good news is I'm right back on plan today. I'm not letting myself go on a week long binge.

Work is irritating me, me being alone while dh is gone is irritating me....I'm just irritated. Food is not COMFORT! I need to find something else!

Hope everyone else is having an easier time.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 AM   #125  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Cfmama - sorry you are having so much stress. It is true, food will not fix it, only make it worse. Today is a new day.

WarMaiden - It’ll be Friday soon!

Eve - I am sorry that you are also having a hard time. I hope today goes better for you.

Yesterday I had 2060 calories in and 4107 calories burned for a deficit of 2047. I was down .8 this morning to 169.8. I’m just glad to be back under that 170 and I’m hoping to stay that way. I hate TOM! I’m not sure that I’m going to be able to get my 4,000 burn today because I have to fix my resume and see why the school board's online application system thinks I am only eligible for p-2 jobs and not p-6 which is what I should be. We’re talking about an outdated government system here. Who knows how long that will take!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #126  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

So far I've manage all 10 days of this challenge, and 17 all together. I'm hoping I'm retraining my head...
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:22 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

on plan yesterday including a planned sushi dinner which I hadn't had in forever and was so delicious.

Today in the other hand? I've got a 7 hour meeting and lunch is going to be provided but the odds it will be something OP are minimal. So I'll just have to do my best and be careful about portions and hope for the best.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #128  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm so sorry to hear about some of your struggles. Keep going! Each of you are so very worth the benefit of being healthy and feeling great!

Peanutsmom - I have been craving sushi! I may need to plan a sushi meal. I'm kind of nervous about deviating from planned menu. I'll have to decide if I feel strong and in control enough yet.

So far, so good. I'm still hanging in there. Maybe, just maybe...I'm creating a new lifestyle for myself. Well, it's about darn time! LOL
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

I went by these sites to estimate the calories. We got 4 rolls split between two people, and based on the specific ones we got, I'm estimating my dinner was about 750 calories including ginger, wasabi and soy sauce. That's a little high for me since lunch is normally my big meal for the day, but I planned around this and I think that can reasonably be planned for by most people.

http://www.lose-weight-with-us.com/c...-in-sushi.html
http://homepage3.nifty.com/maryy/eng/calorie.htm
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 310/see ticker/150

Height: 5 6'

I am back.I went off track the last couple of months.I am only drinking one day a week, I thought a bottle of wine had only440 calories but I recently learned it is 750 wow . I started at 315 pounds went down all the way to 202,now I am back up to 222,yuck.I am putting my head down and getting back to work.No more then 1200 calories a day at leased one hour cardio and 3 day with weights . TODAY IS GOING TO BE MY BEST DAY EVER
bumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #131  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

to everyone. It's hard, isn't it? But let's keep at it.

POP yesterday, have my plan down to be POP today. Being at this calorie deficit is so hard for me--poor sleep, muscle aches, general tiredness, and a feeling of being stressed out from the diet itself. (And if you recall, I am eating 1800 cals on average! This is why I don't go even lower, I would really be unable to function.) Thoughts of eating over my calories are creeping in, and I'm beginning to fantasize about my next maintenance break (which I think I will take sometime toward the end of July). But I'm losing VERY well for me right now, so that's helping me stay on track.

I each of y'all are able to find some sanity and peace and comfort today, while staying on plan.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #132  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

My weight has been fluctuating around quite a bit. Today was the lowest its been since starting this challenge. I'm still up around 5 pounds from my absolute lowest.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 PM   #133  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I'm doing a smoothie day today... I just feel kind of bunged up so this will help. I'm currently sipping some peppermint tea and trying to feel good about today.

My daycare interview went AWESOME last night and they have already responded saying they will take the two spots. I have another interview tonight and one on Monday.

My 4 year old son made my morning by saying "mama? You're a skinny mama!!!" ... all mama's are either "fat mama's" or "skinny mama's" and it's not a rude thing... it's an observation thing. We've talked multiple times about how some people don't like that word and would prefer not to be called fat...

but it did make my morning...
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #134  

Ugh I just did all my personals and then when I went to post, I lost them! So for now, I am just going to give everyone some to keep on trucking!

I stayed mostly OP yesterday,I was still hungry after my workout and even after my planned post-workout snacks(1 stalk celery w/1 laughing cow wedge, 2 pieces dark chocolate w/1tsp pb) so I added in a light mozzerella stick to keep from eating the HUGE eclair my mom brought home with *all* my favorite flavors in it...UGH! But, I pushed through the temptation and stayed on plan! I think I said this in some other thread, but that eclair will taste *so* much better on my birthday after I've lost weight

Last edited by girlonfire; 06-09-2010 at 02:35 PM.
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #135  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

The last couple of days I've been eating a lil bit more then usual. I think its cos its that T.O.M. for me right now. I usually stay between 1300-1400 calories but the last two days its been 1600-1700. The foods I've been eating have all been healthy. I haven't stirred off plan just been eating a lil bit more. My body today felt a lil sluggish so I don't think I worked out hard enough. HOpefully tomorrow will be a better day. I just need a boost
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote