Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 PM   #1  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Default what's your best turkey burger recipe?

Turkey Burgers

Prep Time:
25 MinCook Time:
16 MinReady In:
41 Min

Original Recipe Yield 6 patties
Ingredients
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1 cup water
2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
1 onion, quartered
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
6 cloves garlic, peeled
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or as needed

Directions:
Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. Mash black beans in a large bowl with a fork until thick and pasty; set aside.

Place the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and chop finely. Stir the bell pepper mixture into the mashed black beans. Place the brown rice and mozzarella cheese in the food processor, and process until combined. Stir the mixture into the black beans.

Whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and hot sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the black bean mixture. Stir in the bread crumbs, adding additional bread crumbs as needed until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide into 6 large patties.
Place patties onto the prepared foil, and grill until browned and heated through, about 8 minutes per side.

Footnotes
Cook's Note To bake the patties: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet. Place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side.

Nutritional Information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 317 | Total Fat: 5.8g | Cholesterol: 80mg

Total Fat: 5.8g
Cholesterol: 80mg
Sodium: 1704mg
Total Carbs: 49.4g
Dietary Fiber: 12.7g
Protein: 18.2g
VIEW DETAILED NUTRITION

About: Nutrition Info Powered by: ESHA Nutrient Database

Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
• 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
• 3 Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
• 1/8 cup canola oil
• 4 pounds ground turkey breast
• 2 Tbsp. salt
• 1 Tbsp. black pepper
• 2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
• 1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
• 1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped
• 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney , pureed Servings: Serves 8

Directions:

Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.

Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Servings: Serves 6

Ingredients:
Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney
• 1 Anjour pear , peeled and diced
• 1/2 tsp. sea salt
• 1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Chutney
• 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°.

Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.

Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.

Last edited by better health3; 04-03-2010 at 02:18 PM.
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Mine is:

Take a handful of extra lean ground turkey and mash some Italian seasonings into it along with some black pepper. Make a patty and cook in a pan coated with olive oil until done (flip once). Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves, topped with light mayo, spicy brown mustard, sliced avocado, sliced black olives, and a sprinkle of sea salt. Yummy!
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:27 AM   #3  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I don't do WW, but I have one of the cookbooks and I love their monterey jack turkey burger recipe!!

10-ozs. ground turkey
2 tablespoons minced scallion
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2-ozs. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 strips turkey bacon
4 hamburger rolls (2-ozs. each), split and toasted
1 medium tomato, cut into 4 slices

In large bowl, combine turkey, scallion, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder and pepper; mix well. Add cheese; stir to mix well. Shape turkey mixture into 4 equal patties.

Heat indoor ridged grill sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; add bacon. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned. Transfer to plate; set aside.

Wipe grill clean; arrange burgers on grill; cook 6-8 minutes on each side, until cooked through.

To serve, layer rolls with burgers, bacon and tomato slices.

EACH SERVING PROVIDES: 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Proteins, 2 Breads, 35 Optional Calories

PER SERVING: 352 Calories, 23 g Protein, 14 g Fat, 33 g Carbohydrate, 826 mg Sodium, 71 mg Cholesterol, 2 g Dietary Fiber
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 318/266/150

Height: 5'4"

Sorry I don't have a recipe to post but I do have a suggestion if you have any hamburger notebooks sub the ground beef for ground turkey or turkey breast. That will expand your food options.
kay lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #5  

Height: 6'

Mix in hot sauce, paprika, garlic powder and a diced onion then form patties. Fry in pan in a little bit of A1. Make garlic buns using minced garlic mixed w/ whatever butter/margarine you use. Top with sliced onion and mayo or mustard.
zoya417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

I make turkey burgers for DH for 4th of July, every year he asks for the same. I don't cook with recipes, so I don't have measurements, sorry! It's got:

Ground turkey
Minced red onion
Minced bell pepper (any color)
Minced jalapeno
Minced cilantro
Minced garlic
Ground cumin
Chipotle powder
Black pepper
Ground coriander
Smoked paprika

So basically everything you would put in a taco seasoning. The family raves about them.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:49 PM   #7  
fat-fighting ninja!

S/C/G: 276/seeticker/235

Height: 5'7

These im not going to lie.. are soooooo good.. and if your on weight watchers they are only 6 points.. and thats with the turkey bacon..

Monterey Jack Turkey Burgers
6pts
serves 4 (with one burger each!)

¾ pound ground turkey
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp pepper
1/3 cup shredded monetary jack cheese
4 strips turkey bacon
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
1 tomato, sliced

1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, shallots, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, and pepper. Blend cheese in and then form into four burgers.
2. Heat grill. Cook burgers 6-8 minutes on each side. When you turn the burgers add bacon to grill. 3-4 minutes each side.
2phatinvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #8  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I used your seasoning this weekend, Bacilli, and the turkey burgers had a really great Southwestern taste.

I also cooked them somewhat differently. (I don't have access to an outside grill.) After forming them, I let them sit in the fridge on waxed paper for a half hour. I cooked them in a bit of olive oil in a frying pan on top of the stove, a few minutes on each side, just to brown them. Then I put them on a rack, on top of a shallow tray, and stuck them in the oven to finish them off. That took about 10-15 minutes longer, I forget. They held together well & they didn't look too pale. This is a change from my little Foreman grill & I'll probably do this again.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote