Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

Default Anyone else want to pledge with me for this long weekend?

Because I need to - someplace public!!

I will stay on program this weekend, one weekend is not worth sabotaging all that I've done so far, and I can find happiness in other places than food! I will indulge intelligently, but not over indulge, even though I am going to the in laws (otherwise known as the house of candy and soda).

I know I can do this! I was down to 251.4 this morning on the scale, and I so want to ditch this 250s, I'm going to just think of that if I feel temptation. I know I'll probably pick up some water weight from traveling in the car, but I can handle that!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am in. I pledge to count my calories and be very mindful of what I eat. I will stay in my calorie range...even if it's the high number in my range. No reason to go over.

Plan, plan, and plan some more - when it comes to the food.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:46 AM   #3  

I'm in the weekend is alwawys the hardest for me my mind wonder off and i get bored and start eating everything So I will stay on plan.
jumphigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #4  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

I pledge allegiance
To eating healthy
For Cathy.
2 which this body deserves
One life
Under God
With determination and willingness
For me.

***##########
***##########
***##########
############
############
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #5  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

I'm so glad you posted this. Long weekends are terrible - I eat when I'm bored too. And sad. And happy. Blah blah.
This morning I weighed 245 and there was a big dance of joy! I think I scared the cats. I've been in the 250s forever.
I almost blew it though - I was in the store yesterday and I was holding the (family size, of course) bag of potato chips. I stood there for a long time. I really wanted them. And then I put. them. back.
So I'm sitting here having my fruit protein smoothie and getting ready to work out. Then I'll go walk to the market and get some sweet potatoes to mash later.
But seriously, it's a frigging fight every minute.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
I pledge allegiance
To eating healthy
For Cathy.
2 which this body deserves
One life
Under God
With determination and willingness
For me.

***##########
***##########
***##########
############
############
Very good pledge and flag. Awesome!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 287/230.4/180?

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Ladies! We're pulling out in a few minutes, and this totally helped solidify my resolve!

Cathy - awesome pledge!

Toomuchmoxie - I have done the same thing! I am proud of you for putting them back, and you should be proud of yourself for doing that, too!! I have also been in the 250s for what seems like forever, and I did a happy dance to see 251 this morning! Again, I know I'll retain some water from the car trip, but I do not want to backtrack diet wise!
ORSewmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #8  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

I'm totally in.

Good luck, ladies
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/239/~110 - 120

Height: 5'0"

I will Pledge today as well. I have not one, not two, NOT EVEN Three, but FOUR triggers this weekend.

First one down however, a trip to the movie theater. I brought 2 bottles of water, some goldfish crackers, light string cheese, a 100 cal pack of chips and a few fiber one cookies. This sounds like a lot I know, but compared to the popcorn, nachos, and giant bag of candy my friend had... I felt good. She brought Reeses PB cups! (didn't have a one).

Second one is later tonight, me and couple people from work are going out. They want to eat at the bar and have a few drinks. I have planned and planned, but I sometimes forget myself. I plan on having diet soda or water and eating before I get there. I hope I don't get tempted by the fried mushrooms and other fried goodness!

Third is tomorrow, going to visit my parents while they are out camping. This should be easier since my mom is SUPER supportive and won't force bad food on me. BUT my big trigger is being relaxed and having fun and again forgetting myself. I tend to eat A LOT when I am out with people.

Finally Monday. No work, hanging around the house or at the folks. Boredom eating will start to creep in.

Sorry for the long post. But I know if I put it out there I will be more accountable!

Hopefully when we come back on Tuesday we will be able to give ourselves a big and lots of !

Good Luck all!

Last edited by mizb1978; 05-29-2010 at 02:07 PM.
mizb1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

I am in! I bought some chips and hamburgers to maintain tradition, but I asked my 6YO daughter to hide the chips. I didn't tell her she needed to hide them from me (her brothers will scarf them down just as quickly, so they were the scapegoats), but I knew I couldn't have them in the house all weekend and not want some, and I knew I would never ask her to bring them to me so I could eat them. Sad, huh? But a lot less sad than letting a stupid bag of not-so-good chips steer me off course, and my journey is too new to handle them at this point.

However, I also bought watermelon and carrots and low-fat yogurt and strawberries and fresh spinach to round out the meal. Lots of food for me to eat that won't sabotage me. (I know that fruit is high-sugar, but the fiber and water content are also high enough that it's filling for me, and I don't feel at all deprived.)

Here's to a great weekend! We are going to hike and swim (hopefully) and play some wiffleball baseball. I am such a better parent when I am eating well and exercising regularly and have the energy to do all of the fun stuff! (And that's completely unrelated to what the needle on the scale says, BTW.)
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #11  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I'm in! I just had to make a run to the store and was sooo tempted to grab a bag of chips and/or a case of pepsi. I resisted and reminded myself that not only do I not need the calories, carbs, and salt content of the chips, my kids all like different types and the $$ just isn't in the budget for a bag apiece. The soda was easier to resist since I'm well stocked on lemons and bought a huge bag of ice yesterday at the store.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote