3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Coming back to these boards. :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/203051-coming-back-these-boards.html)

Zoesmama 05-28-2010 03:01 PM

Coming back to these boards. :)

I've been away too long. I journal at Sparkpeople.com to keep up with my calories range and vitamins and mineral counts. I find a lot of the support groups there to be dwindling. And all my mommy boards that had other gals working at this same goals seem to have gone by the way of Facebook so I need this accountability and its best with a very active board. :)

I lost 40 lbs last year half from a highly active job and the other half out of stress and some emotional chaos I had going on that left me with very little appetite. I gained most of it back the half that dropped off fast plus some of what I had lost slowly with the active job(I did no extra exercise at that time :( ) and just "trying" to eat healthier options when I could but overall no changes in diet. Since I went from living alone and eating only foods I wanted back to living with family that eats meat and other low quality foods Its been a struggle. I started drinking soda again which I hadn't been doing. Now I'm working to cut it out. The past week or so although my eating has had lots of slip ups my soda habit is disappearing, mostly because I couldn't afford to buy it. :) I'm having a challenge for June/July to eliminate all soda so my morning soda is going to go. I was surprised that despite eating out several times I was choosing pink lemonade(not great as its just as much sugar) or Gatorade from the fountains over soda. :carrot: Its a step in the right direction.

Also as part of my June/July challenge I am challenging myself to eliminate meat completely from my diet. Not much to go there. It will mean planning meals better as my brother does it meat and although I primarily cook dinner he is not opposed to helping and often is in kitchen helping and or cooking things he has learned to make from his friends and former roommates. He is okay with eating more whole fresh veggies cooked or uncooked as he is all about healthy food but depends on his animal protein. I can get by with plant protein. Iron for me is not well absorbed at all from animal foods. I keep iron higher from plant based irons if you can believe that. I do have mild anemia off and on.

Onederchic 05-28-2010 03:14 PM

Hi and welcome back!!

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

GirlyGirlSebas 05-28-2010 06:20 PM

Welcome back, Melissa!

Tai 05-28-2010 06:29 PM

Welcome back Melissa! Zoe is adorable.

Terre 05-28-2010 06:32 PM

Welcome back!!!

Asherdoodles87 05-30-2010 09:39 AM

Welcome back! I'm Ashley it's nice to meet you. I hope you have a lot of success.

gloo 05-30-2010 12:28 PM

Welcome back! I cook primarily meat-free at home, so let me know if you get stuck and need some awesome recipes.

Good luck! :)

TJFitnessDiva 05-30-2010 12:35 PM

Welcome back! :D