I was weak last night.....

• Actually yesterday was a bad food choice day all around.....except breakfast but after that it was all down hill. I had a full afternoon of errands AND I was with my mother. I am not blaming her, but she does make it difficult for me because she does not care at all about what she eats and I think she has mixed feelings about what I am doing these days.

Anyway, I got too hungry while out running around and ended up having Sonic for dinner. A BLT with no mayo and a regular size order of onion rings. 850 cals approx for the two. If I had stopped there I would have been under my allowed calories for the day. However, when I got home I mowed the lawn (which I guess I count as exercise) and then had a Slim Jim- not exactly a nutritious snack. I was feeling hungry but fine with being done for the day, but then my 18 yo ds brought home Pizza Hut around 10pm. Thin n Crispy pepperoni. I had two slices because I felt hungry. I felt guilty when doing it but justified it because it was thin crust and I mowed the lawn. Crazy. After that I downed a bottled of water and went to bed. I didn't feel stuffed or like I had over eaten, but I did end up eating "maintenance" calories for the day and clearly I am not on maintenance!

I'm over it and moving on and I realize not all days will be perfect. I learned two things. 1) Bring almonds or another healthy snack when I know I will be out running errands for several hours. 2) Don't eat a Slim Jim after exercise expecting it to be enough before bed time.
  • We have those moments. Good job owning it and getting back on the wagon today!

Mowing the lawn IS hard work. My husband normally does it
  • We all have bad days, but we just need to be better tomorrow. I'm glad the you put that out there. When I break down and eat what I shouldn't I feel too guilty to come online.

Don't worry you we be fine ^_^
  • We've all been there, Mary. The important thing is that you realized it and are choosing not to fall back into that pattern. That just shows that you have really and truly committed yourself to this. And for that I say, Good Job!!

Remember: Yesterday is yesterday. Today is today. You are a pioneer of the future, not a prisoner of the past.
  • Mary, sometimes it happens. You've learned some things - so that is good.

So, forgive yourself and hop right back on your plan and you'll be fine.