Old 05-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #1  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

Talking I bought GOAL pants!

I was out shopping with my mom today and ran across a HUGE sale at the department store we went to. I found some really cute dark wash straight leg jeans in a size 12 average for only $3.00!! No way I was going to pass them up, so... I guess I have some goal jeans now! I'm almost able to button my 18's, so I've got a ways to go. I'm hoping I'll be able to squeeze into them by winter (November/December-ish). They would look sooooo cute with a swoop neck sweater and a pair of cute boots!

(is 7-8 months rushing it? Even if they don't fit by then, they will eventually! A girl can dream, though! lol)
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

I was thinking about getting me some dark wash goal jeans myself! And some shoes to go with it, but I'm saving that for when I'm further down the road.

Good luck girl!
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Yeah!!!! That's great motivation and you can try them on to see when they're getting close!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6

I've been thinking more and more about going to the clearance racks and buying some smaller clothes as motivation. I think I will now! ^_^
MutableParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I bought a pair of size 12 capris that I'm using as a goal. I'm just in 14s now so it should be by the end of this summer at least I hope!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #6  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

BTH, having clothes that are too small hanging around is really depressing to me! I threw out all my old "skinny" clothes so I wouldn't be reminded of how much weight I had gained!
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

rox - that is a FABULOUS deal!

I also have a pair of dark wash jeans for a mini goal - 36 inch. Not too sure what size, not 18 or 16's, probably a 14 based on how they compare to my other pants. I also kept all my clothes from when I was smaller, I invested a lot of money into clothes when I was younger and I hate to throw them out

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #8  
hot. like a curry.

S/C/G: 308/248/150ish

Height: 5'4"

Yay, great idea! Every time I'm in Ross, Marshall's, TJ's or any of those other places I think about picking up a pair of goal jeans for super cheap. Might have to actually break down and do it now.

For now I have a pair of nice dark washes my girlfriend just gave me...she recently moved, and has a metric buttload of extra clothes to get rid of. She can't remember what size they are and the tag's out, but by looks and where she is size-wise now (she's lost weight) we peg them at 14 or 16.

The day I can get myself into them will be a happy one (I'm trying them on every 10 lbs. just to keep me going.)

Last edited by gloo; 05-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
gloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #9  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh what fun!! I thought I bought my son a pair of size 10's at a thrift store. When I got them home I realized they were in the wrong section and were a women's size 10. I was an 18/20 at the time. So you know what I did? I donned my bathing suit and took a picture of me attempting to put on the size 10 pants. Every month I have taken a picture trying to get into those pants and have measured my success by how far away my finger tips were from the pants. Today...my rear is in them!! I can not believe it!! They're nowhere near buttoning, but that day is coming. It has been so much fun to watch and I can't play mind games with pictures.

The first day I tried them on, they wouldn't go up my calves and DH had to pull them off my ankles.

Give it a try!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

I have some size 26s that are my goals right now (can zip them and button them but need to lose a bit more for them to look right) but I am thinking about buying a pair of 18s. For some reason 18s seem like a good goal right now - you know out of the 20s.
Actually though as soon as I am in the 26s really good I am buying a 24 and so on and so on... working my way down.
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #11  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/178

Height: 5'11''

I think that sounds great. I have been buying a size down from my current size for the past 5 months and I also had a wonderful friend give me a large box full of clothes she could not wear any longer that I have been going through every 10 pounds or so. It has been so much fun trying them on and when they finally fit I do a little dance in my closet. I also bought a pair of size 10 "Seven for Mankind" jeans at the thrift store about 2 months ago that I just couldn't pass up for $4.00. They are hanging in the back of my closet right now and I have not even attempted to put them over my ankles yet, but maybe I should try some day soon. My long range goal in my mind is a 10, but if I end up at a 12 I will be very happy too.
OrganizedChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

I have 2 pairs of size 16 jeans that my my inspiration. But these are old school, 100% NON-stretch plus about 10 or 12 years old, before vanity sizing got completely crazy. So I'm estimating they are probably a 14, maybe even a size 12 equivalent if I bought something new. Once I fit in to them, I should be at the point where nothing else I currently own really fits, at least for pants and jeans. But I've got a lot of things to wear in my own closet as I lose, before I get to that point.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #13  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, everyone! The pants are actually turning out to be great motivation so far. I have them hanging on the outside of my closet and everytime I see them, I smile. My goal weight gift to myself is a haircut and a new tattoo, and I keep telling myself "these are the pants I am going to wear that day!" So exciting. I would definitely recommend picking up somethings in smaller sizes if they are affordable for your budget. I don't have a large clothing budget by any means but I've been looking around at some 16's and 14's on ebay (mostly shirts since jeans should be bought in person IMHO to make sure they flatter) and bidding on nice things for .99 and 2.00! woo!

Eliana- That is SO funny! I tried to try (lol) them on last night and I barely got them up the calf of my leg and almost couldn't get them back off! It felt like one of those Chinese finger cuff things wrapped around me HAHA! They look soooo tiny to me right now. I can't imagine ever fitting my ample behind in there, but when I can- oh boy! Watch out!
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

I had actually bought a pair of size 16 shorts that were on sale at Old Navy I want to say maybe a month ago? They're so cute. I can ALMOST fit into them. I mean, I can button them and everything, it's just the muffin top is really... muffin-y. I can wear them okay with a loose top, but I have yet to go out in public in them. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who bought goal pants/shorts!
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #15  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I think you have a great idea, and everyone's suggestions are great, that will be good motivation for you! I like Eliana's suggestion about taking pictures getting into the jeans!

I myself do this, but with my mini-goals. I started out at a size 22, bought a size 18, which I now wear and so now I bought one pair of 14's. I want to wear somewhere between a 8-10 at final goal, but I'm a ways from that, and found out a week ago that I am pregnant for the 3rd time, so my "mini-goal" pants will be on hold for a while, I am still going to eat well and treadmill (since I'm overweight, I am not to gain much weight per dr's orders). The "goal pants" idea is great and I think it will work well for you! Best wishes!!!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote