Time NSV

• I just realized that this is the first time ever I've been able to stick with healthy eating through the entire school year! I've done summers before (last summer was in fact my 3rd summer of weight loss), but I've always gained it all back through the course of the school year because I let myself get back to bad habits and binging. I'm a grad student, and the school year is just crazy awful for me, so this feels like such a huge accomplishment!

Granted, I haven't lost a ton of weight in that time, but what I've been doing is totally sustainable, which I obviously care about much more. This shows me that I can do it, and I hope to kick my weight loss into high gear over the summer (since I know I'm good at summer weight loss!)
  • Congratulations on making it through the year with healthy eating! I totally understand what you are saying. When I was a graduate student (pursuing a ph.d.), I gained a lot of weight and really put my health in jeopardy. It's a tough thing to have to deal with, battling weird schedules, meeting all kinds of deadlines, and yet trying to balance where YOU (your body and your health) fit in. At least that's the way it was for me. So I really do understand that "eating healthy" AND trying to lose weight while in school are both huge endeavors that can be challenging, but can feel so great to accomplish!

Again, congratulations! Good luck with your summer weight loss goals! You can do it!
  • Congrats