Old 05-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default MAY - NSV's

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

I have a very happy NSV. I decided to try on the pair of button up capri cargo skyle pants that I got at Kmart a few weeks ago. They didn't fit when I bought them, but I got the biggest size they had 26 (my jeans are 30, and my dress pants are 28). They fit now. I won't wear them in public without shapewear panties of some kind, but I have them on now around the house in plain cotton ones. I'm sooooo happy.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

That's great CanadianCutie, I bought a t-shirt that's a size smaller than I am and I can't wait to fit into it.
AngelicLyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #4  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

I did a 1:12 plank this morning! I also rode home on my bike yesterday in record time. My knees are no longer feeling achey at all, with all the strength training and other exercise I've been doing the last month.

I also completed my April goal of exercising 30 minutes or more per day, and getting up at 6 every day to do that.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Even pregnant, I am starting may with a thinner face and body than I started April, and the baby is very healthy. Yay for maintaining my loss and staying in shape when it would be so easy (and socially permissible) to throw up my hands and gorge myself!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I was getting ready for the gym today looking for a super tight t-shirt to stick under my regular t shirt to suck my boobs in (even with a sports bra they practically give me black eyes when I run) and....

I DON'T HAVE ANY!!!
All of my clothes officially fit! Some are still a little tight to wear in public, but they're not small enough to be considered too small.
It's an exciting day
JessicaDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #7  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

All of my 1 size smaller pants r saggy in the butt and thighs and r loose in the gut. YAY!!! Everyone at work keeps telling me that they r going to pull my pants down cos they r sagging.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 385/365/140

Height: 5'7

After dropping a little over 20 lbs., I can get up the stairs to my 3rd floor apartment without wheezing by the time I reach my floor.

My asthma's not nearly as bad as it had been.

My heel on my left foot had been killing me and the whole calf was really sore and stiff after sitting for too long. That's almost completely gone now and only happens after spending 6+ hours on my feet at work, coming home, and sitting still. But the pain's still decreasing significantly each day.
Nashpati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:39 AM   #9  
It's OK to be hungry

S/C/G: 297/T/170

Height: 5'3"

I DIDN'T EAT THE PIZZA!

huge NSV!

I made my toddler pizza for lunch, and the leftovers have been sitting on the stove ever since. Sure, I should put them up so they won't go bad... I'll be honest, I'm a little scared to touch them. Anywho, I didn't (and won't!) eat them! Pre new WOL, I would have had the whole leftovers as a late night snack. yay me!
roxmysox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #10  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I cleaned out my car the other day, and it took three hours (it was pretty destroyed from moving after college graduation). There's no way I would even have the strength or motivation to complete the job if I hadn't been working out for the last three weeks. I was tired, but my car is spotless!

Also, I received a very unusual (for me) comment at the gym. I was working out on the weight machines, kind of in the zone, and this huge buff guy walks up to me, motions for me to take my headphones off, and says, "Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do it. Don't let anyone make you think you're not good enough." He smiled and walked away. I was shocked--I've never met this guy and at this weight, I am very seldomly approached by men. It was unusual but awesome, and it really helped me get through my workout!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:38 AM   #11  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I am sitting here, about to go to work in a size 12 dress. I've been in size 12 pants for a few weeks now, but dresses still had to be 14 because I was so much bigger on top. I am still bigger on top, but I'm starting to even out a little bit. WooHoo!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #12  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

That's an awesome NSV FitGirly!

I got up and did 45mins on the elliptical this morning ....I made a commitment last night on FB to do an hour of exercise a day, for 7 days this week to help me get back on track since I've been slacking!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

In spite of a solid week of horrible BLEEP hit the fan stress at work, I did not change my eating habits-- the only thing I craved was the gym.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #14  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I was active ALL weekend - took the kids hiking on Saturday, went out shooting yesterday morning, and then did a regular cardio workout last night, 'cos while the shooting does burn calories, it's not a regular workout.

It helps a lot to be that active when TOM is coming and I want to eat everything in and out of sight...
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #15  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

My two pairs of size 14 jeans are fitting just right, with no muffin top. Soon they will be getting loose.

Lately, I have had multiple compliments and comments from friends, family, and coworkers that I am looking slim and obviously losing weight.

And I can tell in the mirror that I am losing weight around my midsection! Hallelujah! Belly fat BE GONE.

My right knee is no longer hurting with squats, daily movement, etc. It aches sometimes after a hard workout, but overall the strength training is really improving its feeling and function.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote