Back!(and ready to try again)

• Well, after losing about 20 pounds, I gained it all back . Needless to say, a stressful semester school-wise, horrible roommate experience, and just general all-around depression contributed to me gaining back those SAME 20 pounds that have been haunting me for 3 years. I stopped coming to 3FC because I felt that being in such a weight-loss environment would be even more detrimental and now that I have some issues sorted out, I feel ready to be back.

I am upset, ashamed, disappointed, but those are not feelings that I want to start my journey with! I want optimism, perseverance, and commitment to be my weight loss emotions! I am getting help for my eating disorder and hopefully coming here for support will help me out.
  • Definately come here for support!!

Welcome back
  • Welcome back! You are not alone in your loss/gain experience; it has happened to me in the past (and I am sure many others). The important thing is that you are back and that you are not giving up! I wish you all of the best on your continued journey.

Cheers,

J
  • Welcome back PK! It's good to see you here again!

Sorry you had a rough semester.
  • Welcome back! I just started back as well
  • I know how school and roommate situations can be, and it is awful when we beat ourselves up for gaining back the weight we once lost (I lost 40 lbs. a few years ago, and gained it back + 40 lbs.). Good for you for coming back and welcome!
  • HeY Peachy.. I just joined today and your post caught my eye. I'm a average 50 year old mom and grandma ( 7 year old grandson whom I love dearly) and I live close to you Washington state. I can relate to your post.. I suffered from a eating disorder (NO WAY , am I saying you have one) but I can relate to you. I had anorexia as a teenager ( 16 - 19 years old) my weight was never allowed to go above 95 lbs at 5' 5 ". I was very sick most of the time , very sad and alone.. I wouldn't suggest anyone to ever go my route EVER , NEVER.. I gained some weight and stayed pretty much normal weight about 120-140 most of my life till I turned 35- 36 years old. I gained weight a lot about 40 years old I shot up to 150-155 lbs. Then around 47-48 I lost 20 lbs. and I joined a gym and walked 5 + miles almost daily. I felt really good around 135 Lbs.. not to skinny not to fat but comfortable with myself. Recently I turned 50 and became a grandma.. I gained a lot of weight I weigh 180 lbs.. I have never been this large in my life.. No offence to anyone who weighs this ,it's unhealthy for me. I went through a serious leg and rib injury from a fall and that's what caused the weight gain.. I want to get back into a walking program but have to wait till I'm healed completely, surgery on leg muscle soon). I felt your pain and can relate to you.. you can lose this weight.. no sweat .Don't feel sad, disappointed or ashamed.. your in school now trying to make a furture for yourself.. you'll do this one step at a time.. Breathe and pat yourself on back once in awhile your doing good, be proud of what you've done already.. you'll get there. Remeber Rome wasn't built in a day and neither are we. I have faith I'll see 135 or 130 again and you'll reach your goal too.. BUT IT WON"T BE TOMORROW MORNING it takes time .. be patient and relax and smell the roses along the way Okay. You can reach me anytime or probably anyone on this board for help.. everyone here seems very nice and helpful.. and believe me i've been searching for months for a weight loss group to join. Good luck and i'll be thinking of you.
  • The stresses of university life are well known -- so if it makes you feel better -- know there are others in the same boat. My daughter gained twenty pounds her last year what with finals, and getting ready for grad school admission tests. So you definitely aren't alone.

You'll lose it again because you already know you can. After all, you've done it before haven't you? So you know you have the stamina, the determination, and the desire. That's more than half the battle right there.

Good luck and welcome back.

--Rainbowmyst
  • I am so glad that you are back. You WILL lose that weight again. Make it NOT AN OPTION for you NOT TOO!!!!!