Old 05-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Default 1,200 cal a day folks, what is your menu?

So after reading a few threads lately where people have stated how many calories they are eating, I'm now dying to know what foods and how much of them they are eating.

Anyone want to share their typical menus with me?
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #2  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

8am - Breakfast: ~30g cereal (shreddies at the moment) with skimmed milk
11am - if I need something - banana/snack-a-jacks/fruit* (*delete as appropriate)
1pm - Lunch: Tortilla wrap with LOTS of salad (leaves, spring onions, peppers), 2 thin slices of turkey breast and tbsp sweet chili sauce. Sometimes a bit of low fat cheddar if I feel I need it...
4:30pm - if I need something - banana/snack-a-jacks/fruit* (*delete as appropriate)
6:30pm - Dinner: 200cal fishcake with heaps of salad/homemade lentil curry with veg/100g pasta with vegetables....generally a portion of meat/fish with heaps of veg or salad, with 2-3 days per week including small portion of pasta/rice/potato if my cals for the day have been low.

this is only a typical menu for the last 5 days where I've been on plan though - before then I was AWOL
dayoneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/119/120

Height: 5'2"

breakfast : 1/2 cup cottage cheese (100 calorie), 1 low fat multi-grain waffle (70 calorie), some strawberry worth 30 calorie.
Lunch : vegetarian chili (350 calorie).
snack 1 : apple (100 calorie)
snack 2 : greek yogurt with shredded cucumber and some salt and pepper (100 calorie)
snack 3: carrots (around 50 calorie)
dinner : salmon and couscous with roasted veggies (400 calories)
healthyliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't aim for 1200, but I often end up there.

Breakfast: Cottage cheese or slice of cheese and 7 pecans
Mid-morning snack: protein bar
Lunch: lean protein with lots of veggies (tomorrow is a soy burger, asparagus, and watermelon, with cauliflower soup)
Dinner: (this is where it usually fluctuates, because my husband often cooks) again, meat and veg... sometimes a serving of noodles or pasta. (I'm more concerned with BG spikes than with a few calories over)
Evening snack: If I'm hungry before bed a Carb Smart bar or a few nuts or a string cheese
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I aim for around 1500, but you could cut out a few things on my plan.

Breakfast: Protein shake with tofu, yogurt, soy, agave nectar, and flaxseeds
Snack: Varies, but usually fruit or a cheese stick + coffee (w/half and half...my biggest splurge!)
Lunch: South Beach friendly chili based on a Kalyn's Kitchen recipe. It's about 350 calories. I eat it with sour cream and LF cheese
Snack: Hard boiled egg and a low-sodium V8
Dinner: Varies, but my usual setup is 4 oz. of a protein (fish, chicken), 1-2 cups of veggies, and some low GI carb like a sweet potato or quinoa
Dessert: About an hour after dinner, I drink a glass of 2% milk and eat a sugar-free jell-o. I'm trying to replace the jell-o with fresh fruit and a piece of dark chocolate, though, since it's better for me!
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #6  
155LBS LOST

S/C/G: 300/145/140

Breakfast: 1/2cup of Granola almond & raisin cereal w/ fat free milk
Lunch: 45calorie bread w/ 2 thin slices of turkey, mustard only. Side salad (spinach) with carrots and some extra turkey. 1 tablespoon low fat dressing.
Dinner: Usually either hamburger helper, chicken spinach salad, another sandwich and salad or oatmeal w/ banana.
Snacks throughout the day are usually: Raisins, bananas, carrots, wheat thins

I make my salads are pretty big, but if I'm not getting enough of my calories in I may make a flaxseed shake or I'll make a half sandwich. I tend to have about 3 snack a day. Dinners are the biggest meal of my day.
JennieLovesKisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #7  
Proud Y Chromosome Member

S/C/G: 285/231/under 150 (normal BMI)

Height: 5'5"

Breakfast - Protein smoothie.
Morning Snack - Usually a protein bar.
Lunch - Sandwich (low carb/calorie bread) or wrap (low carb/calorie tortilla) with lean meat, fresh veggies, dill pickle, and cheese.
Afternoon Snack - Fruit or nuts/pumpkin seeds.
Dinner - Salad, serving of cooked veggie (i.e. green beans, spinach, etc.), lean meat, and sugar-free jello.
Evening Snack - 1 oz of lean meat or a single cheese stick. My evening snack is only used if I have been getting unusually high fasting blood glucose readings.
diabetic z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Today:

breakfast: 3 hardboiled egg whites and a Sandwich thin (151 cal)

lunch: salad with 3 cups lettuce, 4 oz chicken, 1.5 oz avocado, 1 hb egg, carrots, cucumber, radish, onion, broccoli, Bacos and dressing (584 cal)

supper: salmon burger, whole wheat pita, 1 cup yogurt with cucumber and garlic (463 cal)

1198 total. I normally would have had a veggie with supper but I was too tired to cook something so I squeaked in just under 1200. Normally, I don't specifically aim for that, and usually average about 1350. But if you were looking to cut, it would be pretty easy to eliminate something or reduce portion size and come in right at 1200.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #9  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Thanks everyone

I actually usually find myself in the 1,200-1,400 range, but I just was curious what others eat..lol.

Here is my typical day:
Breakfast: 1 egg + 2 whites, 1 slice deli ham, 1 slice 2% cheese made into an omelet topped with 2tbs of salsa (just under 200)
Snack: fruit, yogurt, veggies, what ever.. I try to keep it about 100 cal, if I need a snack at this time, I have found with eating the high protein breakfast I'm not usually hungry before lunch.
Lunch: A large salad with 3 slices of fat free turkey breast lunch meat and 4tbs of light dressing (about 200 cal) OR 1 low fat, whole wheat wrap with 1tbs mayo, 2 slices turkey breast, veggies and a dash of very low cal italian dressing (about 200 cal) (sometimes I have fish instead, hubby doesnt' like fish )
Snack: fruit and yogurt or cottage cheese (about 200 cal)
Dinner: chicken breast or pork loin chop or a turkey burger patty, lots of what ever veggie I make the crew, and a good carb (some sweet taters or brown rice usually) (about 400 cal usually)
Snack: what ever the family is having.. be it low carb, sugar free ice cream, popcorn, (try to keep it under 200 cal)
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 288/seeticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Glad you asked... got some great ideas!
TaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:20 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Pre-workout: banana
breakfast: Fiber One, Soy Milk
mini meal: Greek yogurt, blueberries, walnuts
lunch: leftovers- usually meat and a veggie
mini meal: egg sandwich
dinner: Meat and veggie
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

mine bounces around quite a bit, and i always end up right around 1200-1250 every day because im actually doing weight watchers.

morning- cereal (mini wheats/raisin bran)
lunch- some sort of meat, usually chicken or turkey
snacking (the death of me) but usually pop corn, piece of fruit, more cereal.
dinner- my mother still cooks for me, but it usually consists of a rice (white or brown) cous cous or quinoa and a meat and we rarely have red meat in my house any more, and i dont count veggies unless its corn or peas.

but because im such a snacker and all that, i track all my food and i dont always make the best choices but by the middle of the day my breakfast and lunch pretty much decide what ill be eating for dinner.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

ohh and eggs! eggs all the time make easy to count 70 calorie snacks or meals.
Crystalynnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #14  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Breakfast - 1/2 cup each steelcut oats, blackberries(blueberries or strawberries), low fat cottage cheese, w/ 1 T of splenda

Lunch - Large salad (about 3 cups lettuce) w/ raw broccoli, 1/2 red pepper, 1 carrot, onion, 1/2 large or one small chopped apple, snow peas, 1 serving turkey breast, 1 T each ranch dressing, goat or feta cheese, walnuts.

Supper - Chocolate protein pancake w/ almond butter sf syrup. (recipe - 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup lf cottage cheese, 1 scoop splenda, 2 T cocoa powder, 1/3 cup old fashioned oatmeal, 1 T walnuts, 1/4 c berries, 1 tsp vanilla - put everything in bowl and mix well) makes a large pancake, 1/4 cup sf syrup and 1 T almond butter

Snack - occasional afternoon snack of 1 string cheese and 2 clementines
almost every night 1 bag 110 cal. kettle corn.

Last edited by ledom; 05-18-2010 at 12:34 PM.
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote