Old 05-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks....I made it through the day staying in my calorie range - it was a bit of a struggle, but I pushed through. I am grateful.

Tomorrow is the plant swap - I need to get ready for that. Much to do. It's suppose to rain - I hope that folks still attend.

DH wasn't hope for dinner last night. So I turned off the TV and was mindful about every bite of food. It really tasted good and dinner lasted over 20 minutes. I wish I was willing to do that for every meal....I am working on it.

still working on:

eat slowly, mindfully
turn off the tv when I eat
fork down between bites
eat seated only
no seconds
plan, log, measure, count calories - foods
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
remember why
compliment myself when I do positive things around food
leave a tiny bit of food on my plate
taste the food

I hope you all have a great TGIF!!!!!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 258/245.8/170

Height: 5'9"

rakel - good job on the loss! Sounds like the food changes are making a difference!

mj - enjoy your day off!!

Snowboundchick - good job on the exercise!

beverlyjoy - Congrats on having a good day yesterday & having an enjoyable supper last night!

As for me, yesterday was a good day. I got up this morning & did a walking & sculpting workout dvd for 50 minutes. A start to a good day! I'm sooo glad it is Friday! Going to go to a AAA baseball game tonight - need to make sure I plan in place so I can stay away from the stadium food! Have a wonderful, happy, healthy Friday, all!
mingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #33  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

b: 2 eggs 2 slices wheat toast
l: garlic/zucchini wheat pasta
d: dunno yet
snack: yogurt
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #34  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! It's prom day here...well, for my oldest niece anyway!!!! She has been texting me since 6:20am she is SO excited! I am helping her get ready and doing her makeup up. Her BFF is having a pre-prom party and I have been invited to that, too. I already know the menu and have planned for that. I will allow myself one choc covered strawberry...they are my fave!

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:43 PM   #35  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

mj: Aw prom I hope your niece has fun!

mingle: I think the food choices are making a difference, absolutely. We aren't technically doing Atkins, but just low-carb. Fat and saturated fat (in moderation) including animal fats are allowed as long as it's not trans fat or unnatural/synthetic fats. I.e. crisco = no, butter = yes.

Anyhoo, yesterday was a weird day. In the morning I made scrambled eggs with cheese, a cup of mixed veggies and 2 eggs, and had a luna bar and was full until around 3:30pm. I didn't intentionally skip lunch, but I had a meeting at 2pm, to which I had to leave the office around 1:15pm to make it on time. So when 12:30pm rolled around, that was my chance to get something until after the meeting was over, but I just wasn't hungry, so I didn't eat anything. Conversely, I did end up eating a little later than I should (around 9:30-10:00).

However, I do have a little confession. I got into the chocolates at work AND, DH's mom brought home some kit-kats and york's. I ate about 2.5-3 servings of candy! I'm not going to lie, it was absolutely delicious, and I haven't been eating any candy lately... but it was a little scary as I felt like I was losing control. It doesn't help that kit-kats are one of those candies that I could seriously eat the whole bag of fun-size bars and still not be enough... so I'm going to have to have his mom hide them from me or something.

Despite that mini-binge... my weight is still going down, likely because of the way the day happened, I just didn't eat that much even including the candy. I was at 304.2 this morning, and after I spent a couple hours vacuuming and washing the cars in the hot Florida sun, sweat dripping down onto the pavement, I was 303.6. I literally lost a pound of sweat I guess! But I won't be keeping that as my official weight unless that's what it says tomorrow morning!

Last edited by rakel; 05-22-2010 at 12:51 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #36  

Good afternoon, ladies!

Ready for another busy weekend. I got the kids' pool set up this morning pretty much all by myself (had to call my husband a couple of times for help & my dad once ), but it is up & warming up as we speak It's suppose to be really hot for the next week, so hopefully it will be warm enough for a quick dip sometime this week.

I *barely* held on to my food last night. I wanted to eat, eat, eat so much. But then I decided I would rather be able to come here today knowing that I did well than have to report a "failure."

I've got to still get in exercise today. But I'm not feeling very motivated. BUT, if I do it today, it will be the 24th day in a row, so I'm not quitting now! Will probably head down to the basement here shortly & do a workout DVD. No, not "probably"... I WILL!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Breakfast
1/2 C. egg whites
2 slices 2% American cheese
2 oz. diced ham
2 slices 45 calorie bread
1/2 T. light margarine

Lunch
Large salad
2 T. light ranch dressing
2 oz. lean deli meat

Supper
Not sure yet... will update later
Old 05-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #37  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning!!!! Yesterday was fantastic! I did wonderful w/ food choices (even decided not to have a choc covered strawberry...didn't want one, so I didn't have one!). Not good w/ exercise, but I'll get there.

Helping my niece get ready for prom was fantastic! She looked gorgeous, of course. She texted me at 5:30 this am and was just getting home from after-prom. She had an awesome time. I am so glad. She has had a rough year and things have just recently been turing around for her. We were all hoping that prom would go awesome for her. My middle niece came home w/ me (so she would have something special to do). We baked cookies and I sent them home w/ her and watched Glee--her favorite show.

Today is just hanging out w/ hubby and the dogs--probably watching a movie or two. He is going to roast us a turkey...YUM!!!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies! I have been doing pretty well, not completely strict but I lost a couple more pounds and I'm starting to feel some energy coming back, so I've been getting out to walk. This week I'll work on getting more serious about exercise. Today is my 25th anniversary, but DH is in Guam. When he gets home we're going to celebrate with a weekend getaway, so I've got to start planning that.

I'm headed for Charleston SC for business this week, so it will be challenging food wise. I'm not leaving until Tuesday, so I'll pop back in before. Behave, y'all!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:16 AM   #39  

Grrrr. I'm in a BAD mood. Our stupid A/C went out. It's suppose to be mid-90's today with HIGH humidity. So frustrated!

But, I know I just need to stay calm, stay on plan, & get my exercise in. I ate a healthy breakfast, I'm going to clean house for a bit & then get my exercise in (before the house gets too hot).

Hope you all have a good day!