Old 05-13-2010, 02:30 PM   #1  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Default Slipup and a NSV

Last night for some strange, strange reason I had my boyfriend go to McDonalds and get me a double quarterpounder with cheese and fries and a sprite...first time I have eaten there in almost 2 years. I won't lie and say it was disgusting and I couldn't eat it, quite the opposite in fact, I enjoyed it and ate every bit of it. Needless to say, it made me end my calorie intake for the day about 1100 over :/. I am not letting it get me down and I am definitely back on track today but I am wondering should I cut my calories on the low side today or do as normal?

And my NSV - I can finally do regular ole jumping jacks! I had been so afraid to do them because I felt I was too heavy so I would always moderate but I said what the heck and tried it out and I could do them!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/150

Height: 5'11"

IMO, I'd just leave it normal. I don't think the calories will make as much of a difference as the sodium will. I'd just either learn a lesson if there is one to be learned, or get over it and go on.
cherbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

I'd leave the calories alone but up the water intake and try to be as low sodium as possible for a couple days.

Congrats on the jumping jacks. Yay!!!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

Hehe thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 04:37 PM   #5  

Height: almost 5'3"

Congrats on your weight loss! You look beautiful! I had a few times where I did something similar...mine was with pizza. All I did was make sure to get all my water in and took my dog for an extra long walk over the next few days in addition to my reg workout. Good for you for getting right back on track and awesome on the jumping jack!!!
joy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Leave it at normal! I'm not maintaining yet, but I firmly believe that setting ourselves up to never ever ever eat anything unexpected for the rest of our lives will be a recipe for failure....

If you go wildly off plan every once in a blue moon, but your daily, weekly, and monthly habits are good, you will be just fine...

Don't give it more value than it actually has. You ate a cheeseburger, but you normally don't eat stuff like that, and you won't again any time soon.

That's how skinny people live their lives.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy3 View Post
Congrats on your weight loss! You look beautiful! I had a few times where I did something similar...mine was with pizza. All I did was make sure to get all my water in and took my dog for an extra long walk over the next few days in addition to my reg workout. Good for you for getting right back on track and awesome on the jumping jack!!!

Awww thank you
Old 05-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #8  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubergirl View Post
Leave it at normal! I'm not maintaining yet, but I firmly believe that setting ourselves up to never ever ever eat anything unexpected for the rest of our lives will be a recipe for failure....

If you go wildly off plan every once in a blue moon, but your daily, weekly, and monthly habits are good, you will be just fine...

Don't give it more value than it actually has. You ate a cheeseburger, but you normally don't eat stuff like that, and you won't again any time soon.

That's how skinny people live their lives.
You are spot on, I love this response. Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 06:49 PM   #9  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I say don't punish yourself by starving yourself which would very likely set you to have another *slip-up*. What's done is done. And yes these things WILL happen from time to time.

Get back to your healthy eating plan as ASAP and leave it at that.

Yay on the jumping jacks and I can definitely relate to it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #10  
Resident Pixie

Thank you, Robin!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

The Ubergirl is a wise one, she is!

I agree completely, it isn't the cheeseburger every blue moon that got us in the 100 pound club - it was the mocha for breakfast, super sized cheeseburger for lunch, and sensible dinner followed by grazing all evening long that got most of us into this mess. Life happens, junk food happens, but as long as your life doesn't equal the junk, you'll be okay .

Tracking those calories and moving on is the absolute right thing to do, and NO more!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
The Ubergirl is a wise one, she is!

I agree completely, it isn't the cheeseburger every blue moon that got us in the 100 pound club - it was the mocha for breakfast, super sized cheeseburger for lunch, and sensible dinner followed by grazing all evening long that got most of us into this mess. Life happens, junk food happens, but as long as your life doesn't equal the junk, you'll be okay .
Oh my gosh. Than you were definitely one step ahead of me!! No, I'm afraid my dinners were not very sensible. In fact, looking back, they were ludicrous. Oy.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #13  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

I agree about not punishing yourself either. Food should be about reward and punishment. Something I know I have been learning myself!

Congrats on the jumping jacks! I can do them - but uh ya I have trouble with a certain thing when I do too many!
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #14  
Resident Pixie

lol mine were not sensible either, I'm afraid :/
Old 05-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #15  
Resident Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeckyV View Post
I agree about not punishing yourself either. Food should be about reward and punishment. Something I know I have been learning myself!

Congrats on the jumping jacks! I can do them - but uh ya I have trouble with a certain thing when I do too many!

Thank you