Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 12:42 PM   #1  

Default Need advice on consistency

There are 3 things I know I need to do to lose weight--nothing new, nothing earth shattering:

1) Drink plenty of water
2) exercise consistently
3) watch what I'm eating

I have such a hard time doing all 3 at the same time. It seems like I've been really gung-ho on exercise and going to the gym 4-5 times a week; however, I'm not watching what I eat as carefully. Other times I might do great drinking all of my water but I'm not exercising. So what's my problem? Why is it so difficult to do all 3 things at the same time? Anyone else struggle with this? I'm not even looking for perfection each day but it seems that I can't manage balancing all 3 consistently.

Aargh! Any advice? Thanks!
Old 09-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

A friend related a similar problem: When she diets, her money managing skills go down the drain. When she is saving money, she's gaining weight.

What amazes me is that most of us work is a busy office, able to multi-task everyday. Why can't we do this in our own lives?

I have the same problem with working out. I tend to eat more because I think I deserve it.

The only advice I can think to give is do some hard-core planning for one week and see if it makes a difference. If it does, maybe it will inspire you to keep it up.
Old 09-13-2002, 05:32 PM   #3  
gbo

Darlin it takes practice to get the system right that works for you. I really does. After a bit of time and good results it will become much easier, take it from me. After a year of real struggle and blocks placed in my path I realized how much I wanted to do this. So many health issues interruped me and set backs I literally gave up for a few weeks but I soon came bouncing back as my weight gain mounted. Today I have lost a total of 80 and 1/4 pounds! Trust me if I can do it I know you can. It takes a lot of real self evaluation and if you don't do the inner work the outter will reflect just that. I know you can do it you have to be very real with you , no excuses but most of all you have to learn to love you and those in your life . After all you are not just cheating yourself... you are cheating friends, family and everyone of the joy of knowing the real you and all your inner potential. That is not a kind or loving thing to do to anyone! God Bless. You can do it !!!!
Pam
Old 09-15-2002, 02:40 AM   #4  
Catwoman

I totally have the same problem, on the days I get 3 points I have an exclamation mark there as well. Im good at 1 or 2 things but all 3 everyday so much harder. I read in one post awhile back about having nice stationary to write your goals in, so this week I bought a nice new writing pad and texta's and am trying out writing my daily goals out one day at a time. then as I achieve the water, exersize etc I tick off each one and have a running total of how im doing for the day. Ive noticed in the past that if I dont make water, food and exersize a complete priority it just doesnt happen, today is my first day of this but so far i've done the water and exersize and am well on track with the food.

good luck with it, just remember it's not easy and it's not just going to happen just because you want it to.. you have to make it happen!
Closed Thread