Old 04-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #1  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Default NSV - rings!

Ok, my wedding ring is like, a size 11 I think. Sometimes it feels lose, sometimes it feels tight. It just depends on how much water I am retaining that day. Yesterday I went to the mall with some family, and someone wanted to stop in at New York & Co... not that I could fit any of the clothing or anything, but I was looking at the jewelry.

Much to my surprise, I was able to take the size 8 ring and slip it on my wedding ring finger. The 9 felt a little better. I couldn't put the 8 on my right ring finger, but I could (with a little elbow grease) slide into the 9.

All I can say is that the rings must not ACTUALLY be 8s and 9s, because I haven't been able to fit into that size in quite some time, but heck, maybe they are accurate?? But anyway, I was really happy that the rings were able to fit, even if they were a little too tight to be comfortable for wearing.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/195/135

Height: 5'5

that's awesome! losing a ring size is a huge accomplishment.
my guess would be that they are accurate.. and if you're right handed, that would explain why they fit better on your left hand. whatever hand you write with is always a little more buff than the other one.

i know one of my NSVs is going to be getting a ring i'm wearing OFF! about three years ago, i weighed 135 pounds and always wore a ring on my right middle finger. i never took it off, but i could have if i'd really wanted to. well.. i gained 100 pounds and now it's stuck! i'd have to cut it off to remove it. at my highest, it left a little indention in my skin and kinda looked like it was strangling my finger. now it moves around a little more, but i'm still a long way from getting it to come off. when i finally do.. that will be the day!

you'll probably have to keep a check on your wedding ring from now on though. i'm sure it's just a matter of time until it goes flying off your finger!

you're doing so welll! keep up the good work
lychee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/208.6/165 (HW285)

Height: 6'

That's great! My right hand is slightly larger than my left too. If the 8's and 9's are fitting, I'd becareful with your wedding ring like lychee said it might go flying of your finger. Be especially careful when washing your hands; you wouldn't want your ring going down the drain. :~)
mkyice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

I hope my feet and hands go back down to normal size. My wedding ring was a size 4, I had to get it resized to a 6 and my feet went from 6 1/2 B to 8 W, it's so much harder to find shoes in a wide width, even on the internet. I know some people have said they got smaller all over, I'm sure hoping it happens at least with the feet!
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

That's great . Do be careful about losing your ring though. I took mine to a jewelers and had a temporary bridge put in for $10. It made it a size and a half smaller but it's ready to fall off again. I would wait as long as you can before having it resized permanently or you will have to pay to have it done a couple times as you lose more weight. Congrats
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #6  
Focused on the Future

S/C/G: 237/132/137

Height: 5' 3"

That is great! I so need to get my wedding ring sized before I losee it! lol
JustBeckyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #7  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately (hehe) my wedding ring is not lose enough to fly off, but I am definitely conscious about that. I think that if it does start getting looser I will get a temporary bridge, or wrap something around the bottom of the band so it's tighter.

rakel is offline   Reply With Quote