3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I think every 10 lbs now are BIG (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/199109-i-think-every-10-lbs-now-big.html)

Eliana 04-11-2010 04:47 PM

I think every 10 lbs now are BIG

I think I've reached that sweet spot where every 10 lbs makes a big difference. I'm starting to notice changes daily and definitely weekly. It's a great feeling. Has anyone else experience this yet?

And I remember this face! This face is finally me! It's the face I had before I got all puffy with pregnancy.

marigrace 04-11-2010 04:52 PM

Yea, Eliana and it is all about those decades for me to.... I just think199,189,179,169,159,149....139 WooHooo !

ledom 04-11-2010 06:34 PM

Eliana, that sounds so exciting. It inspires me to be where you are. Enjoy!

Hey, can I ask you guys a question? I am a long time member but haven't posted much in a couple years. My question is regarding the weight signature under the avatar. Obviously I figured out how to add them, but I guess I slept this week. Now I can't figure how to get back in and record my loss for the week. I have been trying all weekend and it is eluding me!

marigrace 04-11-2010 07:08 PM

Sorry ledom...I haven't mastered that either.

calluna 04-11-2010 10:25 PM

You'd need to go in to the user control panel (User CP on the menu bar) and edit your profile - it's most of the way down the page.

calluna 04-11-2010 10:33 PM

I should add that I look forward to being in that position - I do see changes, but not the kind you're talking about. Soon, I hope. :)

MomtoThree 04-11-2010 10:36 PM

I am starting to see changes but can not wait until they are more dramatic.

I will say there was picture of me on a montior at church this morning. It was from the easter egg hunt last weekend. While I am still obese I could see that changes since December. I can not wait till next year to see what those pictures will be like.

ledom 04-12-2010 06:49 AM

Thanks Calluna - I finally found it!

time2lose 04-12-2010 08:31 AM

I think that you are right. Some of our folks that are closer to goal will have a better idea about this but looking at your weight and height, I think every 10 pounds will make a huge difference. I am hoping that I am at that place myself.

caryesings 04-12-2010 08:49 AM

Yes. I lost 7 lbs this month and EVERYONE is commenting, and dropped a size. At my higher weights it took 30 lbs for any visible change.

giselley 04-12-2010 09:23 AM

I need around 65 pounds more to go till gole. I started at 100 pounds overweight. People are beginning to notice, but I was not really noticing the loss until a few days ago. I just up-loaded a photo to another message board I belong to and thought "Wow! I got to get someone to take a new picture of me!" I look different! Driver's license time is coming around soon. I'll at least have a reasonable facsimile of myself on the old DL-- not the fat-face I have. Oh-- that picture I am using as my avatar is me at 175. I'm 6-1 so that is skinny-to normal. That's my Gole!-- except not the red hair--what on earth got into me?

My neighbor just bought a new camera, but she's in
California. I'll get her to take some pictures when she comes home.

Eliana 04-12-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caryesings (Post 3243880)
Yes. I lost 7 lbs this month and EVERYONE is commenting, and dropped a size. At my higher weights it took 30 lbs for any visible change.

I'm experience this now too. I couldn't believe how quickly I went from a 16 to a 14 when it took so long to go from 18 to 16. I knew mentally that there is a 20 lb difference in plus sizes and 10 lb difference in smaller sizes, but it just didn't sink in until it happened. I'm at the point where some 16's are big (yes BIG :dizzy:) and some are just right. I fit a few 14's and even wear one pair in public! I think they run a little big though, this pair. ;)

This is so much fun! I feel like I'm really in a sweet spot. I haven't been here in such a long time, and that nasty little negative voice of mine is getting quieter and quieter. It stills tells me every now and then that I'm fat, but I'm getting better at tuning it out and just enjoying this.

catherinef 04-12-2010 10:19 AM

This is definitely the case for me, now. The weight has been coming off agonizingly slowly, but I don't have all that much more to lose, and I am currently landscaping my garden, so all that digging, lifting, etc. is most definitely working as strength training, and I'm really not all that surprised that the scale is inching down only in tiny increments at the moment.

However: the last three pounds took a full INCH off my waist. And it's like I blinked and missed the size above the one I'm currently wearing.

Lyn2007 04-12-2010 10:27 AM

It is so funny how differently the pounds look on us depending on how much we have to lose. When I was going between 235 and 225 I hardly saw ANY difference...and I did that for a long time, fit into the same clothes at 225 as at 235, etc. Barely noticeable. But the last ten pounds? Oh wow, the difference is incredible.

Brit 04-13-2010 08:18 PM

yes and im so glad im at this point where every pound count..