Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #16  

I clothes shop alone..but maybe that's because I'm married and 41 years old and have a child. All my friends are married and/or have kids, so we never have time to clothes shop together. I guess I'm lucky when I did clothes shop with friends I was much smaller, so we could shop in the same stores...but I'm talking about back when I was in high school!

I understand about feeling uncomfortable in certain stores. I remember when I was pregnant with my son I walked into a maternity store. A saleswoman marched up to me and told me they didn't have plus sizes in the store and I'd have to shop online! I felt so humiliated. I wasn't even showing yet, so for all she knew I could have been buying a gift for a friend. I found perfectly nice maternity clothes in Kmart , JcPenney and Burlington Coat Factory. I think that store (Mothercare) actually is out of business now.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie76 View Post
I clothes shop alone..but maybe that's because I'm married and 41 years old and have a child. All my friends are married and/or have kids, so we never have time to clothes shop together. I guess I'm lucky when I did clothes shop with friends I was much smaller, so we could shop in the same stores...but I'm talking about back when I was in high school!

I understand about feeling uncomfortable in certain stores. I remember when I was pregnant with my son I walked into a maternity store. A saleswoman marched up to me and told me they didn't have plus sizes in the store and I'd have to shop online! I felt so humiliated. I wasn't even showing yet, so for all she knew I could have been buying a gift for a friend. I found perfectly nice maternity clothes in Kmart , JcPenney and Burlington Coat Factory. I think that store (Mothercare) actually is out of business now.

Sherry
wow! about the sales lady! Why do these things never happen to me? She'd wish she never came to work that day!

I have kids also, so clothes shopping is something I look forward to doing alone, for peace and quiet. Me time. I was always the bigger friend in highschool, but I don't remember all these skinny stores in our local mall, except 5-7-9...which only sold the sizes 5,7 & 9...I was in highschool in the late 90's, but the main stores then were the Gap, Aeropastale, and Old Navy. All of which sold larger sizes then, but I swear they don't anymore. Well, Old Navy does. I haven't been in an Aeropastale in 10 years and I did wander into a Gap a few years back and noticed all the clothes were tiny. Or at least it seemed that way.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/253.8/160

Height: 5'2

Congrats on the new Jeans
Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote