You know it was a good workout when....

• ....your arms are sore from holding onto the machines to keep you from falling off and rolling down the treadmill!
  • Go you!

I can always tell I had a really hard workout when my sweat literally crystallizes into salt crystals on my collarbones. I get all grainy!
  • Mandalinn, I have never heard of such a thing! LOL! That really happens?

Bythenumbers, I get weak armed from Spin cycle class! LOL! But I've had to learn to make sure my weight was on my legs/feet and not in my arms. You may want to lighten up on your touch a bit. Bob on Biggest Loser doles out push ups to contestants who touch the equipment.
  • Yeah, I am working on it when I first get on, but towards the end, it is hang on or fall off and I push for just a few more calories burned. My goal is now measured in chunks of time without holding on. If I hold on to something else it helps. Like my water bottle. It is like a security blanket until it gets to the point of need for survival LOL.
  • Eliana - not to a lot of people, but let me tell you frankly, when I workout, I SWEAT (not just due to effort, though obviously the harder I work the more I sweat, just in general...it happens to most people in my family). Also, some people's sweat is saltier than others, or so I've read. I did mention it to my doc, as I was concerned that it was a sign of dehydration or possibly too-high sodium intake, and he said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to up my salt a bit on days it happened so it wouldn't get too low, but that generally I didn't need to be concerned.
  • My arms are right there..
    I went to get a box off the shelf and .. ow! But I have no excuse, because I was on the recumbent bike!

Good for you! Dawn
  • Quote: I went to get a box off the shelf and .. ow! But I have no excuse, because I was on the recumbent bike!

Good for you! Dawn
    LOL! This is exactly what happened to me after Spin class! I couldn't even turn on my turn signal. I've since learned to lighten up.

Mandalinn, that's very interesting. I tend not to sweat much, so when I break a sweat I know I've done something.
  • I'm the same way Eliana. Even if I have been on the treadmill for an hour I won't be sweating. I know I have had an excellent work out when I'm sweating. I was sweating the other day from some exercises, and my boyfriend even made the comment that I must have had a great work out because I never sweat.

I always think I have had a great workout when parts of my body ache the next day.