Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #1  
hannah

S/C/G: 266/244/140

Height: 5ft 3.5"

Default i cheated a bit today

well ive been very good so far on my diet its been 9 weeks and not to many slip ups i can feel some old habits creeping in not sure if its because this week ive had the kids at home for easter holidays its been more hectic and harder to keep track but i found myself nibbling and i even had a bit of my daughters sausage off her plate when she had finished without even thinking, i just want so bad to keep it up i dont want to fall back into my old ways help!
bigmummy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Hannah, as you can see form my logo, I do "slipping" very, very well . The only thing left to do at this point is to get youself thinking about why you started on this journey, and just make yourself do what you did then. After a few days...just one or two really, the slip-ups will be a distant unpleasant memory. 24 lbs is not something to give up that easily.
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:02 PM   #3  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

The good news is that you have caught yourself. You know what you are doing. So now you put the brakes on this. Which do you want more, the nibbles or the weight loss? It sounds like you really want the weight loss so remind yourself that there can be no mindless eating.

You can do this!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's hard when those old 'habits' and desires start to creep in. There's a few things you might try to think about. Make a committment to never eat standing up (would you sit down with a plate at the table to nibble on your daughter's sausage when you're cleaning up the table). Think about what I call the five D's (for when I want to eat something spontaneously or unplanned)

Destroy the food - I usually put dish soap on extra food on the plates. It's better in the trash than in me.

Drink some water.

Distance yourself from that food. - walk away from it.

Deep breath - several times can really help when you are wanting to stick some food in your mouth.

Distraction - go brush your teeth, leave the dishes and read a book with the children, call a friend, go to the computer, etc.

It's easier said than done of course. But, when you are able to NOT eat that extra or unplanned food, you strengthen your reserve for the next time you are faced with that situation.

You are doing great!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I have a hard time forgiving myself when I slip so I can relate. The best thing to do is acknowledge, forgive and get back on plan. You CAN do it
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #6  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

The most important thing is brushing yourself off getting back on plan immediately. If you've done some significant damage, a couple good solid days back on plan should be enough to curb cravings. I love Beverly's "D"'s.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #7  
Metric Member

S/C/G: 140/120.3/90kg

Height: 163cm (5' 4")

Another thing to consider is your emotional state. Are you feeling bad for some reason? Out of control, scared, guilty, deprived? If so, you are probably craving the high that food gives you. Learning how to deal with emotions without eating is a really difficult thing to do if you're an emotional eater.

I would suggest giving yourself a non-food treat, like a bubble bath or a new top. A treat can do wonders when everything seems hard.
Couch is offline   Reply With Quote