Old 04-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #16  
Turtle not Ostrich

S/C/G: 360/341.5/?

Height: 5'4

thanks everyone for sharing! Seems like calorie counting is the way to go! I think I will start doing that to see how it is. Happy Thursday!
ter22ese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Calorie counting is FANTASTIC! BUT, I find for me where those calories come from really, really MATTERS.

Since I'm sticking to a calorie BUDGET, I MUST make sure I'm full and satiated by them. So for me, I can't do foods like those 100 calorie packs, as they are EMPTY calories. Those foods don't STICK with me, I feel as if I haven't eaten. I need my calories to really, really work for me.

So for me, like what I alluded to in my previous post, it's calorie counting with a STRONG focus on whole, nutritious foods.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #18  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

Calorie Counter here! I personally try not to go above 1400 calories a day and I am re-evaluating that as I might not be getting quite enough.

I started my NEW lifestyle on March 1st and since that date I have walked EVERY SINGLE DAY - rain or shine (no excuses - period). Now that I have done that for exactly a month, I am going to walk faster and farther to increase that.

I am debating on cutting out pasta - I dont eat it that often but I do eat it. Absolutely NO FRIED FOODS (that was touch for me) but I am over it now.

I have lost 4 inches in my waist in the last month.

I feel confident THIS TIME in my new lifestyle because I actually feel I can sustain it, that it's not a gimmick that I couldn't possibly keep up with it.

I think that is the key - doing something you can do the rest of your life!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote