Old 03-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Default Saved by my own ineptitude!

Last night I thought I needed cookies. Not really sure why, I wasn't hungry, I haven't had sugar in over a month, it would have put me way over my calories for the day...just really wanted cookies. So I made some. A small batch of peanut butter cookies, only one cookie sheet of them (still would have been way too many). I put them into bake, then started doing other stuff and by the time I remembered they were still baking, I had burnt them all! So the whole tray of cookies went in the trash. I cleaned everything up, put the stuff away and called it a night.

Whew...calories for the day, still intact!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #2  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

Yay for ineptitude! I swear there must be some greater force out there helping us stay on track when we want to cave, because these things usually happen when we should be saying 'no'.
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:55 PM   #3  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

loved the title of your thread, ha.

I've done stuff like that before, I like it when my subconscious saves me. heh heh
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 405/216/205

Height: 6'4

Classic after a night out in the clubs I craved Taco Bell. We to the drive thru way too crowded so I left. A sign from above.
tryhardforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

It was actually a relief. I was already feeling guilty about making them. I knew I should, I didn't need them, but I still made them. I would have probably eaten all of them too. Fortunately, the craving is gone, back to my normal program today.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:04 PM   #6  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

I love how that usually works, around here it is children needing something.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #7  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

That's too funny! I can totally relate. Sometimes I think those cravings are just about keeping busy and a little bit about smells. Enjoying the smell of the cookies baking and the routine of something familiar might have been enough. I am "thankful" that I never was much of a baker anyway! LOL!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/247/140

Height: 5'7"

Annie beat me to it. lol I was going to say maybe just the smell was enough to kill the craving. Ineptitude rocks.
Amanda77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #9  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Divine Intervention

At work a few weeks ago, we were celebrating a co-workers birthday. I have a super sweet boss who buys everyone's favorite for their day...the HR girl wanted a triple layer chocolate cake...the gourmet kind that stands about 10 inches tall. It was dark chocolate cake with even darker chocolate frosting covered in dark chocolate shavings.

I passed it up the first go round during our weekly meeting but then it sat, calling my name in the break/copy room. Every time I walked past it to make copies it quietly called to me. "Mmmmiiichhelllllllllle..."

Finally around 3pm when my afternoon slump hits, the string cheese and triscuits that I brought didn't look so good. I felt like I was sneaking around cheating on my boyfriend...I slunk into the break room and cut off a wee sliver of the gorgeous cake. I tend to be a super jumpy person for some unknown reason, my co-worker came in and loudly asked how my day was going...I jumped and the cake flew out of my hands onto the table, slippery frosting side down. I laughed at my jumpiness and my feeling of needing to sneak to have the treat. I told my co-worker that I had almost slipped but she saved me!

I then went to the fridge and got out my string cheese and triscuits. This is the 2nd time that I was "caught" at work in the breakroom with some forbidden treat...that I either dropped the food on the floor or like this time threw it back on the table.

I look at times like those as God being funny and in his joking way, telling me that I really didn't need the junk anyway!!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #10  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

You guys are too funny!!!!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote