Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 04:28 PM   #1  
It's been so long...

S/C/G: 375.2/377/177

Height: 6'

Default How *I* measure success...

Well, since I'm trying to adjust my attitude in this weight loss journey...I've been trying to avoid my scale as much as possible...( I do check, but not as often, and you'll notice the lack of numbers attached to my posts) Instead, I've been taking a look at some of the other changes...

• My forearms, and the area around my wrists are more shapely, and I can see MUSCLES there...
  • I can make it all the way through a workout video, without a time out... not even during commercials when I do Denise Austin workouts.
  • When stretching from a standing position, I get closer to the floor every day
  • Hubby can feel the difference in my legs and *blush* tushie...goes for a pinch, and NOTICES the muscles hardening...
  • I'm standing and sitting straighter, my core muscles are supporting me without a lot of effort on MY part...
  • My upper belly is flattening out again...
  • Even in the throes of PMS, I've been able to keep myself MOSTLY in control, food wise, if I'm over, or count my foods as a loss, it's because of what I ate, not how much I ate
  • I just FEEL GOOD...even when my body hurts...I feel GOOOOD!
Old 09-05-2002, 10:49 AM   #2  
Losin It For GOOD!

PNG - measuring success with more than just a tape measure or a scale is so important!

you are doing GREAT!
Old 09-05-2002, 04:10 PM   #3  
hot mom wanna be!

Default measuring sucess!

way to go PNG!
It's good to look at other things besides the scale and measurements because they dont always go down like we want them too. Especially if you are exercising. You are building muscle so the scale may not show a loss but you are burning fat and building your muscles so you shrink even though the stupid scale doesnt "recognize" this!!
You have great attitude chickie, keep it going!
laura
Old 09-06-2002, 08:47 AM   #4  

I agree! In one way, I feel like I haven't really lost much weight, about 25 pounds in the last 6 months or so ... But with my addition of weight lifting - and sticking to it - I FEEL so much better. I have more energy, and I don't find myself sinking into depression, I feel stronger, I don't wake up with my joints all sore.

Now if I could just figure out how to get more sleep ...

Pen
Old 09-06-2002, 10:29 AM   #5  

guys I needed this thread!
thanks PNG.
I haven't been losing in fact I gained despite pretty excellent eating and very consistent exercise 5 days a week. I started WATP 2 weeks ago and since then have not lost. It's TOM, I'm building muscle, I know I know, but I am so ready to be out of the 180s. I am very impatient, my 31 st Birthday is coming fast..

So I needed to read this today, I feel on the edge of saying screw it and ordering a pizza for lunch.

Instead I'll give it another good week of effort and try to stay off the scale.

I bound up the stairs now.
I wore a sleevless shirt in public yesterday.
I play frisbee wih the kids and the dogs and They get tired before me.
I wake up less tired.
I need less coffee.
My waist isn't smaller lately but tight shorts are now loose around my thighs, so SOMETHING is going on.
DD now draws me without a big circle around the middle.
And This Is Sad but I had a pair of maternity stretch pants that I have worn to yoga in for years and they fall off me now, I don't know what proportional change happened but they just do not stay up anymore.

Ok now I feel better, boca burger for lunch no bun!

SunDrop

Last edited by SunDrop; 09-06-2002 at 10:32 AM.
Closed Thread