3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Where to find cute or dare I say "sexy" workout clothes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/197522-where-find-cute-dare-i-say-sexy-workout-clothes.html)

Smiling_Sara 03-23-2010 08:27 PM

Where to find cute or dare I say "sexy" workout clothes

I'm sick of the uni boob while working out and wearing a sports bra. How am I sopose to catch the eye candy's attention with a uni boob? ;)

Anyway, just wondering if there are actually some cute workout clothes out there and where they are?

mandalinn82 03-23-2010 08:39 PM

I am fairly small-chested, not sure on your build, but I really love racerback tanks with built in sports bras. They really emphasize my shoulder line and muscles! I found some great ones at Target and Old Navy.

I have heard great things about Lululemon...but too pricey, for me. It took me a long time to spend ANY money on gym clothes (which is silly, because I pretty much live in them). Spending 50 dollars on a tank is still too much for me. Still, the clothes are undeniably adorable.

Smiling_Sara 03-23-2010 08:56 PM

I wear a size 38 B bra currently. Built in tank seem the way to go.

Does the target brand go to a size XL?

bythenumbers 03-23-2010 09:01 PM

I was thinking the same thing so I googled, I think I like the jms site.

Cotinga 03-23-2010 09:16 PM

I hate the uniboob look, too. I now have a few sports bras by Champion that give enough support without creating the uniboob, but it took trying on and returning about a million bras over the last year to come up with three that I can tolerate. I think I found them at Sports Authority, if you have one of those around. In my experience, TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross generally have a decent selection of workout clothes and really good prices. (I've gotten $50 Nike dri-fit pants there for about $15.) They usually have a pretty good assortment of cute tanks with built-in bras like Mandalinn mentioned.

TempleBody 03-23-2010 09:44 PM

I hate the uni boob look too. lol Buy a sports bra that has 2 separate cup holders...and if you want them to look nicer, I suggest a slightly padded one. I work out in regular bras with a one piece body-suit spanx on top of them sometimes. (That's if I'm doing alot of jumping, mount climbers, burpies and that sort of high impact stuff.) It actually holds my stuff together better than the sports bras. I'm a 38DD too.

lifedeliberately 03-23-2010 09:45 PM

I don't think it's caught on quite as quickly in the US as it has here in Canada, but if you want incredibly flattering, durable, stylish workout clothes, the only place to get it is Lululemon!! AMAZING stuff, and worth the cost!

JustBeckyV 03-23-2010 10:42 PM

LOL Love that term -- I haven't really thought about it though - thanks for pointing it out and gonna check out the stuff that others mentioned hehe

THINBYJUNE 03-23-2010 10:44 PM

You might check lucy.com They are pretty pricey but they have great sales and their clothes are so comfortable.

TraceyElaine 03-24-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lifedeliberately (Post 3215123)
I don't think it's caught on quite as quickly in the US as it has here in Canada, but if you want incredibly flattering, durable, stylish workout clothes, the only place to get it is Lululemon!! AMAZING stuff, and worth the cost!

oh yes. Lululemon is the cutest workout gear hands down. I think they have an online store...not sure. And I believe they go up to a size XL.

TraceyElaine 03-24-2010 05:28 AM

http://www.lululemon.com/

TJFitnessDiva 03-24-2010 08:12 AM

I like the hanes individual cup sports bras from Target (they have cute exercise tops too!) :) I have a Nike razorback that has the individual cups too that I got from Academy Sports.