Loosing the BELLY weight.............

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello Everyone!

I would say of all of my 100 lbs of overweightness ok fatness, is in my mid- section.

For excercise I am walking a lot.........any one have any suggestions for tackling the mid section directly?

THANKS!
  • That's where I gain most of my weight aswell. I've lost over 100 lbs to date, and my belly has shrunk a lot, and the only excercise I have ever done is walk Walking works! Good luck.
  • You are not able to target one specific area. You need to do it as a whole. Cardio and resistance exercise will do it! I carry a lot of weight in my stomach area as well. Good luck!
  • Like Jaki said, you can't target weight loss, unfortunately. Our bodies get to choose where to put it and where to take it off. But you can tone the muscle underneath so when the fat DOES come off, the muscles will be there.

Walking is great! Stick with walking! Even better, find a hilly area and walk there.
  • I'm an apple shape and this is where I carry it most too. You are not alone!

A.
  • I'm a mid-section weight carrier too. I hate it, I have such a tough time finding clothing to fit because if it goes around my waist, it's miles too big everywhere else!

I'm just hoping that as I lose more weight, it will eventually come from there too.
  • I'm the same way. My waist and hips have lost a few inches since I started exercising. I have been doing cardio and strength. I have also been doing a lot of ab exercises. Unfortunately we can't target a specific area to lose the weight. It should slim down over time.
  • I'm also an apple shape - like PeanutsMom its hard for me to find clothes that fit the waist and aren't huge in the butt/legs. Not only that, but my pants size is highly highly dependent on the rise of the pants - if they are low rise I can be a size 20, if they come to the waist I'm at least a 24. Even when I was much thinner (140 lbs) I had the same issue - its just the size range was between an 8 and a 12. It's hard to fight your natural body shape...
  • Pilates did wonders for me.
  • I wanted to try pilates, but I have always been nervous to try pilates because of my size. Is it harder if you're larger to keep up?
  • It is true you can't target an area. However, I agree that doing Pilates or even specific ab exercises strengthens/tones your ab area and it looks much better.
  • Throughout my journey, I have been slower to lose from my belly than from anywhere else, alas. But eventually, it'll have to come off. And even now, I have lost significant inches from my waist. I just purchased a piece of shaping underwear that is helping to control the whole area from my ribs to my butt, and that feels really good. (Helps me stand up straighter, too!) I think there's no shame in controlling my belly with spandex while I also work on changing it with diet and exercise.
  • WarMadien, now I feel better about looking at that shaping underwear. I am thinking about buying something so I can wear dresses without looking pregnant. Have you noticed how much of it is in smaller sizes?
  • Quote: Have you noticed how much of it is in smaller sizes?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean whether it will be possible to find the correct size for you right now, or whether it might be too small? Or whether they make shapewear for smaller sizes than we are now?
  • Warmaiden I'm so with you. I'm working on everything but having something to help me in the meantime is what I'm doing especially with clingy stuff.