Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2002, 10:07 PM   #1  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Default #168 - Our Daily Thread

These threads have been getting lost lately I had to go on page two to find #167

Today started off good.. but then I quickly slipped again. I must gain back control. I think going to my ww meeting on Monday will throw me into shock I've had my summer fun and now it's time to get serious again.

My stepsons are back with their mother. In another week Sara starts her "play & learn" at the Y and I start my yoga. I've lost 25 lbs so far and I DO NOT WANT TO GAIN IT BACK. It was too darn hard to loose it.

So how are we all getting the snail mail addy for the challenge winner? How is that going to work? Oh Miss organizer Sandi! Where are you?

Does anyone have any fun recipes they've tried lately? Since fall is coming I'd like to try something fun with apples Don't you just love the fall?

Dana
Old 08-25-2002, 11:09 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

Height: 5'5"

Yoga scares me. I've never been all that flexible....

I would love to make an apple pie from scratch. I love to bake, but never really have time. Besides, hubby is in the throes of tiling the kitchen. When we bought the house 4 1/2 years ago, it had the original 1970's Brady Bunch lineoleum on the floor. Lovely color scheme....mustard yellow flowers on a baby-poop brown background. The woman who lived her before was obviously colorblind, because the wallpaper in the kitchen is pink cabbage roses. They also have some fake brick on the wall behind the sink, and there's wood paneling about halfway up the walls in the dining area.

So, we've had the tile for almost two years. Hubby finally got off his butt and layed the first four rows of it. That was last weekend. Just how long does it take for the mastic to "set up" anyway....? After he's done with that, we're going to tear out the paneling and put up some drywall, then scrape off all that ugly wallpaper and put a few coats of paint on it. The tile's grayish...so I'm thinking maybe a soft white with a little bit of a light blue undertone....Meanwhile, the kitchen table is about a foot away from the stove....it'll all be done before my 8th grader graduates from college....
Old 08-25-2002, 01:51 PM   #3  

Wow Jennelle, you guys sure are busy! Sounds like you guys have your work cut out for you! However, it will be great exercise and you will have a wonderful feeling every time you see what you have created. Are you laying ceramic tile? If so, how difficult is it? I've really wanted ceramic in my kitchen, but can't afford to have it laid and I'm a little afraid to do it myself, so I was kind of thinking about using a peel and stick vinyl instead. Let me know how it goes!

Dana, I haven't had a chance to bake anything lately, except for some bread and cookies. I have a great recipe for some caramel apple cookies (they don't really have any apples in them and are NOT good for the diet, but they taste pretty good and they are definately fall cookies). Let me know if you want it. Also, I've found a new recipe friend with foodtv.com. I love it, and there are some great recipes in there. With you stepchildren gone, your life should be getting back to normal. So, take a deep breath, stretch, and jump back on the wagon!

I've been doing better. I have gotten up on the bull again, and this time I don't think that it will buck me. I think that part (most) of my problem is that with the PCOS I am never exactly sure when or if my TOM is and it turns out that even though I just had one three weeks ago, Aunt Flo is visiting again. So I think that my hormones are all just messed up and I'm bloated, retaining water, and cramped. Uggggh......
Old 08-25-2002, 09:03 PM   #4  

My dd and family came yesterday and went to an amusement park today. All very nice. But tonight, for the first time, my six year old granddaughter is staying with us overnight. My dd has been a ROYAL pain in the butt via phone since she left here this afternoon. I think trying to make SURE grand misses her and that we're "taking good care" of her with every move spelled out.

Never mind that I'm a rational person, raised two children (and many of my younger sibs) and that I've taken care of dgd since she was born. And to top it off, in the last call dd accused me of "getting snooty" with her (which is pretty much what I MIGHT have said of her attitude if I were not smart enough not to).

At any rate, I'm NOT going to go ballistic on the food thing but I can certainly say I might have at one time. Dgd is probably going to go home tomorrow (the stay was to have been openended in case she wants to stay longer but I don't think I'm going to encourage it at this point). Both dh and I are feeling a little unappreciated at this moment. And personally every carb in the house is calling out to me. But none of them are promising me they can make me feel better than posting a loss on weigh in Wednesday will make me feel. So I'm hoping that when morning comes, I can still claim victory over the carbs...
Old 08-25-2002, 09:57 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

As I posted on a different thread, I fell off the wagon and it rode over me . I knew on Thursday the weekend was a loss. I don't know why I let myself get away with this. I want to be one of those people who start this and stick with it. I am so sick of on again off again. But, I guess I dont want it bad enough and am not sick enough of it.

Jacob started coming down with another respitory infection on Friday, by Saturday morning, he REALLY needed to see a doctor. FAT chance on a Saturday. Didn't want to go to the emergency, so I actually got his Doc to call in some prescriptions for him, so he is doing better. Took him to the park today with some friends. He had a really good time, a much better time than when we go by ourselves.

We are having some people from Bordermagic come give us an estimate on doing some landscaping edging on Tuesday. It's a curb type machine that lays down a continuos edge where you would normally put brick to edge. They can make it different colors and patterns. Looks cool. As much as I'd like to do it myself, it ain't going to happen.

Feeling kinda bummed. I'm not turning out to be who I want to be. Tired of wishing my life away.
Old 08-26-2002, 09:36 AM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

Morning girls-

Life is so hectic right now I'm feeling completely overwhelmed. I have an evil cold, which isn't helping! At least its on its way out, but has firmly settled itself into my chest, so I sound like a man and am coughing like crazy! And it HURTS. thank goodness for cough medicine with narcotics. Ahh.

I am trying to figure out what it is in me that causes me to sabotage myself. Perhaps we should start a separate thread about it since a lot of us seem to be struggling with it lately. I WAS 3 lbs away from my 10% key chain, and 4/10ths of a lb away from my 25lb ribbon... but after the way I ate this weekend, I am pretty sure I won't be getting EITHER on Tuesday. (Now, really, 3 lbs is TOTALLY doable for me to lose in a week.) I seem to only be half committed to this for some reason. Now granted, I did ride my bike 6.5 miles on Friday, which was amazing, and did a buttload of housework on Saturday, but I also gave myself license to eat whatever I wanted, and I really didn't drink as much water as I should have. I got 64 oz in, but half of it every day was in non-caffinated beverages, which although "should" count, really doesn't. I also was not careful AT ALL About my carbs, and had 2 huge bowls of popcorn over the weekend.

I just don't understand why I/we do this to ourselves. Any ideas?
Old 08-26-2002, 04:00 PM   #7  

Beth Anne, if we could figure out why we do this to ourselves, we'd be rich! I don't know why we do it... I know at least for me, I know what I want, I have a plan to get what I want, and then I do the complete opposite. For instance, even though I stayed well within my points range yesterday, 8 of those points were ice cream WHY?!?!? I have no idea. But I did it & today I am just trying to move on... I'm fearing a loss of little or nothing this weigh-in because, even if I stay in my points range, I have noticed that when I eat high-sugar foods, I don't lose weight, or don't lose it like when I eat more proteins & whole grains.

Sandi, sorry Jacob is sick Poor little guy! Glad the Rx is doing the trick. And I hope you start feeling "up" again soon, too! Just remember, you are worth it & you can do it!!

Anagram, way to go on resisting the carbs!!! And even though things are rocky with your dd, I hope you still enjoy the time with your dgd

Denise, TOM found me as well, so we can be bloated & crabby together!

Jenelle, good luck with the remodeling! How fun! It will be busy, I'm sure, but worth it in the end (anything to get rid of the lineoleum )

Dana, ENJOY the yoga class! Like Jenelle, I lack the flexibility to even think about trying it, but wish I could. Sounds like such a relaxing way to exercise!

As far as I go, I didn't have the best weekend, but I've had worse. Lately, I've been suffering from insomnia, so I'm walking around sleep deprived & a little cranky. Been trying to figure out why I'm unable to sleep (usually I can identify a stressor or anxiety that is causing it), but am unable to this time. So for now, I'm taking lots of warm baths & hoping Mr. Sandman visits me soon!
Old 08-26-2002, 04:09 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Beth Anne - your message was so much what I'm feeling right now. Today has been good so far - but that's only because I am going to face the scale tongiht and I don't want to have a stroke when I jump on it!

Here is the only thing I can think of:
I've been fat for a long time.. suddenly.. for the first time in my life I am starting to lose weight. I'm still fat - but I no longer have this disgusting feeling with myself. (only disgusted by my lack of control) - dh is starting to notice - this is good. I need a push to continue.

I think I need to go buy some tight clothes - I need to be reminded of my "motivating factor"

Does any of this make any sense?

Dana
Old 08-27-2002, 06:31 AM   #9  

Kayla, the insomnia bug is biting here too and that's very unusual for me. I do know I have lots on my mind though but most of them are not new and don't know why I'm such a problem sorting things out right now.

Not really rocky with my daughter. She was just being a pain. I recognized part of it as being the stress of letting her baby go but I didn't like her saying I was talking "snooty" to her. I think she knew that's how she was talking to me. She's more high strung than I am generally. She had lots of prolems conceiving and she's a really good mother and generally appreciates my help. But she finds it hard to let either baby get far from her. Even she recognized it was time and insisted Anna stay when Anna changed her mind and didn't want to. Anna always wants to stay here longer when they're leaving and likes being with us but I guess wants them all to stay. For all of the above reasons, this was the first night in more than six years that they've been separated except when dd was in hospital after having two year old. We cared for Anna then too, of course, but that was at her house and Daddy came home occasionally (he stayed at hosp as dd had Caesarian after long labor and was in rough shape). We go down and babysit, etc and spend long time alone with kids but it's in their home. We babysit long hours here as well and it's no problem. It was the separation thing. They had planned to do it before with parents staying in local motel but they went, didn't check in and came back here. They're already talking about next year when both girls will come here together. I said separately, but both Anna and Mom said together.
Old 08-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #10  

Sandi, I had fallen off the wagon too. Just get back up and kick that wagon in the **^%^, okay?

I'm beginning again...again, LOL ; )
Old 08-28-2002, 02:01 AM   #11  
Zap
Fat Zappin' in Progress

Hello All,
Talk about falling off the wagon.. lol My wagon is so far out of sight at the moment I'm just scrounging around for track marks. But ...all is not lost nor forgotten. I will not hit my labor day goal but I'm giving myself a huge pat on the back for not gaining in the time that I've spent wandering around.
I need to get back on track before I lose all sight of what I started out to accomplish. Starting this Monday I will re-start my weigh ins. I also need to get my behind in gear with my water and exercise. And of course I need to get my butt back here to catch up on everything I've been missing out on.
This is going to be difficult, living with my parents again is like taking a walk through candyland.. there is always something good to eat laying around.. I need to find my strength and get this under control before all that I have worked for is gone. I think I can I think I can I think I can I know I can!
Take Care Everyone
Traci
Old 08-28-2002, 08:37 AM   #12  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I got in contact with a friend I haven't seen since high school recently and she had gained about 200 lbs. She went to one of these clinics in Canada and had lost about 95 lbs but then gained it back because she was scared of being thin. She'd never been thin her whole life and the thought of it scared her. I can really identify with this as I am the same way. I didn't gain as much weight as her but still I've been overweight all my life. Being the weight that we are now is comfortable in some ways. Being slender is an unknown way of living and most people are frightened of the unknown. Even though we know that losing weight and being 'normal' weight is healthy and an important thing to accomplish for many reasons somewhere in our brains is this fear and we sabotage ourselves. I think it is something we will always face.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:40 AM   #13  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

Hey ZAP - long time no hear!! We miss you here!!
I haven't fallen off the wagon.. I just seem to jump off it about 4 pm every day.

Today starts the new 30 day challenge.. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #14  

Knock, Knock!

Can I come in? I have been MIA for a bit now and seem to be lost with all of the posts. There are many of us who are struggling right now. But the most important thing, were still here.

I am doing well right now with control, which is a good thing. Haven't weighed myself though.

Work, family and everything else in between seems to be chaotic lately. But am still going...

I've missed you all..

Old 08-28-2002, 12:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Jenniffer......

I've been thinking about you. Been wondering where you were. So glad to see you back!

Missed ya!
Closed Thread