Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #1  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Default LL: Check earlier!

Rather than a Non-Scale Victory (NSV) can I call this today's Lesson Learned (LL?)

I got distracted by my parents coming way earlier to get my kid. They ended visiting some and then I was all rushed with getting out to teach my class. My plan for cooking went out the window and I ran out the garage hoping to grab something to microwave and... nothing of mine was left. I grabbed some of DH's sausage biscuit things and ran out the door. (This is a new thing he's trying for breakfast since he's working on not skipping breakfast. I'm not familiar with them.)

When I came home and sat to log it in Fitday I realized... dang, those biscuits are deceptively small for what they pack calorie wise.

Lessons learned?

1) Check earlier to make sure my stock of back up frozen food is... well, stocked!

2) Check first before eating something that isn't mine.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/266.5/180

Height: 5'7"

I would say that is a great lesson learned for today. I live with my step mom and dad, so we are always running out of our breakfast stuff like oatmeal and cereal and things, so when I notice that something that I am allowing myself to eat is running low, I buy more, but I keep it in a place where no one else will look for it. If its in the house where other people can get to it, it will be gone shortly. So, yes, always keep a mental check on "supplies."
possiblesuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

LL I like that LESSON LEARNED! maybe it will catch on...

Sometimes I think I am a "slow learner" because I learn things over and over and over. When the lesson learned FINALLY kicks in ...it is an AHA moment!

Thanks 2 3FC I understand that I need to be prepared and take food with me. By George I think I got it!! LL
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Today I went out and restocked my frozen back up food. Go me!

I'm hoping to learn from other people's LL's too.

So who knows? Maybe it will catch on. We're all in this!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I think the major lesson in this and overall is to plan, plan, plan. It's all too easy to make a bad choice and/or just grab something quick when you don't have the good options.

I'm making soup right now to keep in the freezer as a lunch that I can grab and go, if I don't have an opportunity to make my normal daily salad. Just knowing that those portions are in there is such a relaxing feeling for me - no excuse to have to buy my lunch and not have control over the ingredients.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote