Yeah, that's why I'm losing weight!

• The girls at work noticed this week I'm losing weight. I've felt the difference since the first of the year when I started in again - I just feel better when I eat better - but it's pretty gratifying to know it's starting to show. One of them - who's very, very heavy - asked me to write down everything I ate in one day so she could see how I was doing it. I handed her my day planner - I write down everything I eat everyday. She says, "WOW! No wonder you're losing weight! There's more veggies on one day than I eat in a whole week!"
  • NICE JOB Traci!

Some one just asked me what I am doing too - step by step or what DIET I was on, I said it's not a diet really, I am just completely changing my eating habits, I think people really want a ROADMAP and it can be pretty individual.

I count calories and it's working better than I thought it would, plus of course walking!
  • I almost feel bad when I tell people I'm losing by eating right, countin calories and exercising. I feel like they always want me to tell them I've found the next fad or wonder diet...sorry folks I'm just doing what they've always said you should do. It cracks me up at their reactions sometimes...what do mean if I eat less pizza and more veggies I'll lose weigt????
  • Good for you with the logging!

That's awesome!

A.
  • When DH lost all the weight (about 150 pounds) people asked him how he did it. He said "eat right and exercise" everytime and people would actually get a little mad. Like that couldn't possibly work. When it's really the only thing that does work!
  • It is a wonderful feeling when someone notices you are losing weight! Unfortunately they don't always want to hear the truth as to how you are losing the weight! But it obviously works!
  • Seriously... it never occured to me that not just eating the correct calories were what was important... it was what KIND of calories I consumed that was just as important (i.e. veggies!!!!).
  • Quote: When DH lost all the weight (about 150 pounds) people asked him how he did it. He said "eat right and exercise" everytime and people would actually get a little mad. Like that couldn't possibly work. When it's really the only thing that does work!
    I think people get frustrated because they really don't know what "eat right" looks like. I mean, "eat right" sounds so simple but what does it really MEAN? So people go out and buy a bunch of Lean Cuisines and 100-calorie snack packs, eat that (and feel like they're starving) for a couple of days, and then decide that it's too difficult to "eat right".

So it was probably really helpful for your co-worker to see exactly what you mean by "eat right"! It doesn't mean starving on pre-packaged, tiny portions at all, which is the misconception that a lot of people have about "eating right'.