that BASKET of chips..............

• Hello Party People...........

So proud of myself - seriously, you have NO IDEA!

I had to go out to dinner with the family last night and I didn't eat ONE chip from that basket of ENDLESS chip supply they plop down in front of you. NOT ONE.

Did I want to - for a NANO-second then I said - SELF....you have been working SO DANG HARD, don't give up now...think of the walking you have been doing, counting calories, the headaches, the weight loss so far.........

YIIIIIPPPPPEEEEEEE

Oh and the night before my husband said to me, oh right you are on that low calorie kick. Kick?!!! KICK?????? Uh, it's not a KICK! I will give YOU A KICK!

I know he didn't mean anything by it, so I didn't reply - that whole rant went on in my head.

Thanks for letting me share
  • Woo hoo! That's awesome. When I first started my journey I never could have had the self-control to say no in that type of situation. Changing habits and saying no is sooooo freakin' hard especially when temptation is right in front of you. Congrats for staying on plan and having the willpower to say no. Keep up the great work!!!
  • great job!!!!
  • It means so much when you can make it through those situaitonS. I honestly believe it really strengthens your reserve and motivation every time you get through those times. Positive reinforcement.

AWESOME!
  • Yeah, I agree -- a KICK is in order!
  • Fantastic! Keep it up!
  • I think I might actually kick mine if he said such a thing! Congrats on skipping the chips.
  • Good for you!!! You will like the results you will see since you skipped those chips!
  • Ah, those little golden triangles of temptation - ARGHHH! You rock for skipping the chips!
  • That's it. Just keep making one good choice after another after another. always. remembering. what. you. want. the. MOST.

Great job. just keep at it. keep on going and going and going...
  • Congrats on avoiding the EVIL basket of chips. Sometimes I am not so strong.

And you have our permission to kick the husband if he uses that term again. "Kick!!" Like getting healthy is a temporary fad!!
  • You have great resraint! Potato chips are a HUGE problem for me. They would have had to take them off the table to keep me out of them. Congrats!
  • Good for you! I know myself well enough to know that if I eat that first chip I'm going to eat a bunch more. It's all or nothing.

I love the "kick" in your post! My family thought I was on a health kick at first too, because I have been guilty of that in the past. But since it has now been five months....it can no longer be a called a "kick".
  • I love the "kick" in your post! My family thought I was on a health kick at first too, because I have been guilty of that in the past. But since it has now been five months....it can no longer be a called a "kick". [/QUOTE]

Yes - I have too...so that is why I let the comment slide, I am sure he doesn't even REALIZE he said it, because he's a super nice guy. He's overweight too, so I just have to be the example and keep it up and not STOP AGAIN.