Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 PM   #16  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Give the skin some time - weight training and toning will help a little, and time should do the rest.

Your quality of life is so greatly improved, loose skin or not, try to focus on all the amazing things you've gained by working so hard to lose the weight.

Congratulations on shedding your FINAL X for good!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #17  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post
Maybe it would help to switch gears and think of yourself as a maintainer? Stop focusing on the scale, just enjoy the life you've built and focus on getting stronger and faster. I would imagine there are social running clubs or rec sports teams and the like in your town. Do you belong? Could you join? The rest of the weight will come off in its own time. We don't control that, only the healthy lifestyle. Remember the weight itself was never the goal. The goal was to be a healthy, fit, guy who could do anything w/o weight stopping him. Are you there? What are you waiting to do in your life that 20lbs is keeping you from? Does it have to? Go live that amazing life and enjoy being the strong athlete you've become.
I think that Beach really makes a lot of sense here. I think it's all in how you are looking at it. It's not nearly as exciting as before, yet it's the same amount of work. Maybe it's time to see what else is out there now that you are slim Matt!!! Your pictures are awesome!! You are so handsome!!

And a SUPER HUGE congratulations for being a plain old Large!!!

Last edited by Sandi; 03-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

OH that must feel incredibly gratifying and totally wonderful - 5x - nada X. Plain ole' large!!! What an AMAZING accomplishment. Stop being so down on yourself!!! Look what you've done. Just look. You have done what most people only dream of. You and you alone have made that dream a reality. Congratulations doesn't seem special enough , but I'll say it anyway - congratulations!!!

I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough personal time of it. But just think how much tougher it would be if you were 220 pounds heavier than you are now. Talk about tough! I know you will progress forward. You're not going back. You know better. You've got to keep forging ahead because the alternative is no longer an option.

I hope you feel better soon (you certainly look marvelous) and I look forward to hearing of your continued progress.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #19  

Height: 5'10"

Matt, you are flippin' amazing!!! Way to go! Though I would love to see a smile on that slimmed down face! Show some teeth! haha Great job, you're awesome!!
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #20  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

WTG!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:26 PM   #21  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I think also that you need to get rid of the idea that when you get to your goal weight your body is done changing. You'll continue to change as long as you keep this lifestyle. You'll be faster, stronger, leaner, and more comfortable with your body. Essentially - you never get "there"; it's always a journey and a process even after you've acheived your goal weight. Take some time to let it all sink in as to where you are and how far you've come but also what amazing things still lie ahead for you.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #22  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Look at you hottie!! You have come a very long way, 5X to a L, how awesome is that? The journey is an ever changing one and it's hard sometimes to adjust to it....you can do it though!

Loose skin is a pain but just think of the way you physically feel now than when you first started, chin up Matt
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #23  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Thanks everyone!

I feel better today. I'm just in the midst of lots of family, work, and relationship drama. The weight loss has stalled and even gone up because of water retention.

I'd love to get at a point where I can look at myself in the mirror and not see a fat guy anymore and I'm not close to that. I'm still carrying a lot of weight around my stomach and combined with the skin issues it isn't very pleasant. Of course I am very very happy that I have these problems to deal with rather than extreme morbid obesity.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Matt - this is wonderful.

You look terrific. This is a major accomplishment. HOORAY
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #25  
Becomming a Monster

S/C/G: 329/253/210

Height: 6'0

hit the weight rack and get a tan. the weight rack with help to burn the belly and tighten up the skin. also tanning helps to tighten up the skin as well as making you look generally better. i'm doing more weights than cardio as i diet to stop the loose skin issue. well to lessen the problems. i want to fill the space left by fat with muscle and become huge!
slimmingsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 PM   #26  

Height: 5'5"

You have lost an entire person. You are incredible.
PaulaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #27  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Congrats on being large. You look great.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #28  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Matt on LOSING 220.8 LBS! That is Awesome. Your Looking Incredible! It probably takes time to adjust to your new size. Keep Up The Great Work! Your such an Inspiration to us! Enjoy the new clothes in a Normal size.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote