Supersize me the reverse

• Now I'm sure nearly everyone here has seen supersize me if not do it do it now! One this I find fascinating about the film was the emotional and physical feelings expressed. The lethargy, the ups after eating the sugar hyper then the crash, his mood swings etc.

I've been eating clean for a week now. I've noticed 1 sleep I actually sleep less and feel less tired! I feel great all day long no depression 45 mins after eating (the junk food crash) my temper is under control I'm less easily irritated and actually cracked into a smile this morning when I saw the sun out again.

The sleep is the biggest thing I realise how badly my runs and crap! I'm always tired. Sleep 12 hrs a day up all night hungry an hr after eating a massive dinner. Then crawl out of bed tired miserable and slump infront of the tv all afternoon and need 4-5 coffee's just to function.

Ah I feel great lardy dah sorry to be so chipper but I can't help it
  • That's great! Nothing like eating clean.

Quote: lardy dah
    So that's definitely not lardy cake, then? It's more a lah-di-dah kind of thing?
  • Good for you! I no longer notice a difference in my day to day life because what I am doing is the new "normal". But now I get jittery and ill when I do eat crap like that.

It's been a few years since I saw that film but I remember it. It does make a lasting impression.
  • I also feel a HUGE different when I eat clean. And I get more full on less food, too.
  • I stay full longer too my stomarch is still shrinking so I do get hunger feelings but nothing like before. For me the worse time is night I used to have a midnight stuff session but last night I sat staring at the tv upstairs and refused to go down to eat, I know if I start I won't stop so need to have nothing it was almost like the scene in yrainspotting where Renton gets locked in his room by his parents
  • Quote: I also feel a HUGE different when I eat clean. And I get more full on less food, too.
    Mmm, that's true. I never felt full after McDonald's.
  • I feel 1000 times better eating clean, and I still notice the difference even after 13 months, because the difference is so drastic. I am overall in a better mood, sleep is better, energy levels are better, mood is better everything is...BETTER.

When friends and family tells me they are tired and cranky and they are not sure why I always recommend eating better, because changing the way one eats, I believe is the key to NOT being tired and cranky!
  • IMO McDonalds is the Devil lol. In no way do you feel good after eating that stuff. I hate it when ppl say it's ok to have once in a while. I if you know what is in the food there(and i use the term loosely) then I feel it is like saying it's ok to smoke once in a while. It just isn't good no matter what.

Yesterday I was running errands and needed a snack but couldn't get back to work to eat the one I took with me. Si I thought I'll get a fruit and yogert parfait and a water from there. It was $5! and they recently made the yogerts smaller. I could have gotten a double burger and a soda for that much.

Did you know that the main ingrediant in the chicken nuggets ist'n even chicken. Our bodies know better and can't be fooled by imitation food. It will reward us for giving it what it needs and we will feel better.
  • Ok, you all me thinking that I should head back to a whole foods diet. I have let a lot yucky junk sneak into my diet. I did feel so much better when I concentrated on whole foods.
  • The same thing happenned to me. I felt like I had reached goal about a week after I started because I just felt so darn great!