Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #1  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default Challenging week...

We're at Dance festival ALL week... which means that most days (except today!) we're at the hall from 8am to 9:30pm. There's ALL sorts of junky food there (smokies, chinese, pizza etc)

Soooo... I pack COOLERS full of food. I still plan my foods the night before. Pack EVERYTHING my family needs for an entire day (and take pin money for whatever else the kids need)

Two days of festival down and 1.6 pounds dropped... I must be doing something right.

So yesterday I ate:
B- banana, weight watchers bagel with 1 T pb and 1 T blueberry jam
L- cheese string, yogurt, 2 clementines and a ton of raw veggies
S- cheese string, 10 whole wheat crackers, applesauce cup
D- turkey sandwich on whole wheat, yogurt, raw veggies

and yes... all of that was packed! I did run out of cheese strings but the concession had them.

It's funny... I pack so much food that I end up feeding other peoples kids. lol!

So dance festival Tally so far

Olivia (she's 6) got a second place for her classical ballet group, a qualifying score in music interpretation AND a FIRST PLACE for her song and dance solo!!!!

Madeline (she's 8) got a qualifying score in music interpretation and a second place for her small hip hop group (out of 5 groups of 10 year olds!!!)

So happy so far!!! We've got 8 more dances to do (7 of them Madeline's) and that takes us to friday!

So I'm off to wash costumes and make food and get things ready for this afternoon... Maddy's large group demi-character is tonight.
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #2  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for checking in! So glad to hear that the girls are doing so well!

Packing your own food in that situation is CRUCIAL! Those kinds of places never have anything good. Great meal plans and super, super loss! Still solidly in Onederland!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #3  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

How very smart of you! This really can be done any time and place, huh? You sure are proving that! And I bet the other moms thought you were so smart. Your little ones have some real food to fuel those dances!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM   #4  
Now Mom to 5

S/C/G: 250/ticker/170

Height: 5' 5"

You are doing a great job. It sounds like you daughters are also doing a great job. I did not realize that they had competions for children in that age range. We always did end of the year recitals but not competitions.
MomtoThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #5  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

This is above and beyond what my girls HAVE to do... certain dancers are invited to compete at festival. This is my girls third year!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:09 PM   #6  
To be fit and FLY....

Height: 5'6"

WOW - very impressive at staying on plan, I know when you're at events like that it just seems 'easier' to buy food there, but it's always SO HORRIBLE for you.

LOL - I bet you're a HIT with the yummy goodies, plus think of all of the $$$$ you are saving!

KEEP IT UP!
Summerblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

sounds to me as if you're up for the challenge!

You're not letting a (not so) little dance festival get in your way now are you? Ummm, apparently not!

Thanks for the update - good news all the way around - that's what I like to hear.

I'm sure the rest of the week will go just as smoothly.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote