3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   A short commercial break - pb2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/196070-short-commercial-break-pb2.html)

traci in training 03-06-2010 11:19 AM

A short commercial break - pb2

So here's my contribution to the advertising world. If you haven't tried pb2 it's worth a try. It's powdered peanut butter you mix with water. Sounds strange, I know, but it has 1/4 the calories of the regular stuff. It's not the same as real, but it's an acceptable substitute IMO and I never knew it existed so I thought I'd tell y'all about it. Or maybe everyone on the planet knew about it except me. Wouldn't be the first time for that. :)

cathydoe 03-06-2010 11:39 AM

I order "samples" for 3.99 from the webpage...they have a chocolate too. I haven't tried them...but looking forward to it! For the folks in Iowa and close parts...I understand HyVee carries it.

ThinkinThin 03-06-2010 11:39 AM

I've never heard of it, either! Sounds interesting and worth a look. Peanut butter is so easy to OD on. Thanks for sharing.

kuhrisuh 03-06-2010 01:27 PM

oh, i loveeee peanut butter! i'm gonna have to look into this :)

traci in training 03-07-2010 06:17 PM

I actually got it at a hy-vee. Our local one doesn't carry it, but the one in the city does.

FitGirlyGirl 03-07-2010 10:32 PM

The flavor is ok, but I don't care for the texture, it's better when I mix it right into my sugar free preserves instead of using the water. It's good in smoothies though and I use it to make peanut butter milkshakes with my carb smart ice cream for a treat. I also just sprinkle some onto fruit sometimes.

gumboot 03-07-2010 11:05 PM

They don't sell it in Canada. That's what I'm told anyways :(
Boo Hiss!

traci in training 03-08-2010 12:10 PM

I'm kind of getting used to it. I did mix it into some jelly - just to see what happened - and it was really good. I guess here's what I did - reconstituted with water, then mixed it with jelly. I had pretty much given up jelly because those cals on top of the peanut butter was just too much. But now that the peanut butter is only 50 cals, the jelly is back once in a while. I've been on a berry kick lately, so low fat muffins for breakfast for me. I'll go back to peanut butter toast soon, so I'll see how that goes.

chickybird 03-08-2010 08:37 PM

I put it in my oatmeal with dark chocolate cocoa!

Ten Years 03-09-2010 08:39 AM

This stuff is just.... ok. I'm not the type to binge on peanut butter anyway so finding a replacement wasn't that important. I do use this for snacks though. I put a little powder in a tupperware and bring it to work. Then I can mix it with water at my desk to dip my apple slices in.