3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   do you lose more when you're hungry? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/195869-do-you-lose-more-when-youre-hungry.html)

ubergirl 03-03-2010 05:44 PM

do you lose more when you're hungry?

I've noticed that if I'm feeling kind of hungry on my calories that that's when I tend to see a drop.

Other times, I'm perfectly content on the same number calories-- that seems to be when I stick.

Not that I particularly enjoy feeling hungry, but it always makes me hopeful that I'm prepping for a whoosh.

Summerblue 03-03-2010 06:00 PM

OH GOD YES PLEASE!!!!!!! that was my exact reaction to the subject line you posted.

Seriously.

I better be loosing, LOL cause right now, I am HUNGRY! :)

PeanutsMom704 03-03-2010 06:07 PM

I'm only a few days into it, but with my Gowear Fit, I'm looking more at calorie deficits and not just calories consumed. So maybe when you are hungry, it's because your calorie deficit is larger? It makes sense to me that would be linked with a loss!

Thighs Be Gone 03-03-2010 06:11 PM

I think you can drop either way actually--I don't know if one is more powerful than the other. I have read from the countless thousands how your metabolism slows when you aren't eating enough.

I don't do hunger. I feel a little hollow sometimes but not hungry. I have had drops with both scenarios. I think when I have that "hollow" feeling I am careful and mindful of what goes in my body next. When I actually get HUNGRY I binge bigtime.

ubergirl 03-03-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3183062)
I think you can drop either way actually--I don't know if one is more powerful than the other. I have read from the countless thousands how your metabolism slows when you aren't eating enough.

I don't do hunger. I feel a little hollow sometimes but not hungry. I have had drops with both scenarios. I think when I have that "hollow" feeling I am careful and mindful of what goes in my body next. When I actually get HUNGRY I binge bigtime.

I guess I know what you mean about being REALLY HUNGRY. Yesterday I immersed in was working and so I just drank coffee and skipped breakfast-- when I started to get hungry, I ignored it. Finally around 2:30 I suddenly noticed that I was so hungry I was about to barf! Then I got lunch and I had to work at not wolfing it down...

But like today, I was just getting hungrier than expected on my normal amount of food. That's when I think that my motor is burning a little faster than usual. Hope so, anyway, LOL.

mariarose 03-03-2010 07:25 PM

When I mentioned this about a year or two ago no one believed me, but it is totally true! When I was losing, I'd get really hungry on my calories for a few days and then lose pounds! At times when I was fairly content on the same amount of calories, I'd lose more slowly. Cool, right?

rockinrobin 03-03-2010 08:05 PM

This has not been my experience - at all. Not even a little bit.

Because I have rarely been hungry through 165 pounds of weight loss. And the handful of times that I was, it was just the wee beginning signs of hunger.

ubergirl 03-03-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 3183188)
This has not been my experience - at all. Not even a little bit.

Because I have rarely been hungry through 165 pounds of weight loss. And the handful of times that I was, it was just the wee beginning signs of hunger.

Wow! That's crazy. Lucky you!

I wouldn't say I'm constantly hungry, but I'm definitely hungry sometimes and some days I'm definitely hungrier than other days.

Eliana 03-03-2010 08:31 PM

A week ago, I'd have said "yes". But this week, no. I've been hungry and have not seen any movement except today's weight which was UP.

Thighs Be Gone 03-03-2010 08:47 PM

I would agree with RR. I get hollow or a wee bit peckish at times. I don't do hunger by choice and never would. I haven't found hunger being necessary. Peckish isn't necessary either. I can say though, I can run better with my hollow feeling which is why I don't eat before work out. I would say on this point, it really is whatever works for you.

For years I was overweight or obese because I did just the opposite of hunger--I overate, day after day, month after month, for years. To become fit, I naturally believe working the opposite direction is probably a good idea. Not to an extreme obviously--but in a healthy, mindful way.

Now, cautiously, CAUTIOUSLY I share this as well. When I was on my way down and moving through the numbers, I didn't cheat. AT ALL. I drank a ton of water. I ate my fiber. I ate 100% whole foods, 100% of the time. A few months in I got off plan for four days--a little off plan--not a lot--in addition, I missed workouts due to weather and health issues. I lost four pounds literally overnight and it stayed off. I remember coming here and posting about it. Of course, we are talking about 4 days off plan after perhaps 6 months of darn near perfection.

HotWings 03-03-2010 09:21 PM

I don't do real hunger very well either. It usually leads to eating something I should not be eating or more than I should be eating. So at the first sign of being "hollow" as Thighs says, I eat something. Even if it is just a low fat cheese stick. I don't get hungry very often either, probably because of the enormous amount of vegetables I eat. :lol: I add about 3-4 oz of protein with the veggies and it curbs hunger really well. I can go for 3 or more hours on just a plate of good veggies and a little lean protein.

Shmead 03-03-2010 09:21 PM

There is a certain feeling I associate with losing weight. I don't even know if it's accurate-it could very well be psychosomatic/confirmation bias at work. But I feel like I can feel when my body is burning fat. It's like hunger, but very different from the type of hunger I used to feel when I just ate whatever and my blood sugar was erratic, and even different from the type of hunger I get now if for some reason I am a bit long between meals. It's a steadier feeling that lasts through light meals and which is not really unpleasant. It feels very real to me.

cfmama 03-03-2010 09:41 PM

I feel ya Shmead... I know exactly what you mean! I've been feeling it since I went to bed last night. Not a gnawing "you have to eat" feeling but a slightly empty feeling...

Thighs Be Gone 03-03-2010 09:53 PM

CF! OMG--you are on the brink of ONEDERLAND! This is exciting.

cfmama 03-03-2010 09:56 PM

I know I know!!!! I've been on the brink for freaking 2 weeks now! It better happen soon before I lose my ever loving freaking mind...