Old 03-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #1  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Default Long hard weekend with slip ups...but I'm Baaaack!

This weekend was moving weekend. I moved the contents of two bedroom apartment into my fiance's only a little bit larger two bedroom home. His father is terminally ill and he was summoned on Thurs to AZ to be at his bedside as they thought the end was eminent. Long story short, I moved with very little help.

I coerced 3 co-workers to help with the heavy heavy lifting so for 3 hours on Saturday I had help. Other than that it was me.myself.and I. packing, sorting things to donate, loading the van, driving the van, unloading the van, loading the van to take to Goodwill with the donations items only to be told they wouldn't take half of the stuff because it was too big, drove to Salvation Army, lather, rinse, repeat. Luckily I was only moving 20 minutes away so the turn around time was not too prohibitive.

I spent all evening Friday, ALL day Saturday 6am-10pm and all day Sunday 6am-8pm doing the above. The crowing glory of my achievement was the deep clean I gave the apartment once the place was empty. My mother taught me to leave a place better than which I found it and I did. That place looked like a million bucks and smelled brand new. I patched nail holes, spackled some minor imperfections, touched up the paint in spots, scrubs the floors on hand and knee to get it really clean and had the carpets deep cleaned.

My eating plan went by the wayside. I kept up with the H20 but barely ate all day and then "treated" myself to burgers and beer Saturday and Pizza and beer Sunday. I almost panicked after the 3rd beer Sunday realizing just how easy it would be to slip back into fat eating.

To my relief, I stepped on the scale this morning and am actually down 2 lbs from Friday am before the crazy weekend. I know I exercised the **** out of myself these past 72 hours.

I'm looking forward to being in my new place 1. because it is MUCH nicer and 2. I have internet at home as soon as I hook up my computer so I can be here 7 days a week not just when I'm at work!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I am glad your move went well! Kudos for your weight loss - even after a tough weekend.

Enjoy your new place!
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

glad the move went okay and that all your hard physical work made up for the eating. and glad you are back posting and back on track!!
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #4  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

There were a couple of laugh-out-loud moments reading your post.

Holy Toledo, Woman! What a weekend indeed! We just moved back in October so the memory is still fresh. I'm an all or nothing person in every aspect of my life, so our house was completely unpacked within the week. I too left our house better than we found it and wish our previous homeowners had done the same. But it's all good! I'm Spring cleaning as I go.

Don't sweat the treats. I'd say this was one of life's moments. But welcome back to the healthy side.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post

Holy Toledo, Woman! What a weekend indeed! We just moved back in October so the memory is still fresh. I'm an all or nothing person in every aspect of my life, so our house was completely unpacked within the week. I too left our house better than we found it and wish our previous homeowners had done the same. But it's all good! I'm Spring cleaning as I go.

I am extremely proud of my accomplishment. I whined, cried and complained while planning the move but once the sh** hit the fan, I had to just go-go-go. There was no one else to do the work but me. I absolutely HAVE to get my deposit back so anything less than 100% was not an option.

I plan on being completely unpacked within the month as I have to dove-tail my possessions in with my Lovey's already nicely furnished home. We plan on doing a blending of yours, mine and ours. We are doing a big yard sale this spring and plan on putting things aside for that as we go.

I *did* however, get all of my "must have right now's" unpacked yesterday. It was about 5 boxes plus 3 baskets of clothes. The boxes and packing materials are curb side waiting for the garbage/recycle guy to pick up today.
Whew!
Old 03-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #6  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle98272 View Post
This weekend was moving weekend...

I'm looking forward to being in my new place 1. because it is MUCH nicer and 2. I have internet at home as soon as I hook up my computer so I can be here 7 days a week not just when I'm at work!
What??, no number 3? 3. You're living with the man of your dreams? LOL (I won't tell you left him out...lol )

Last edited by Lori Bell; 03-02-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
What??, no number 3? 3. You're living with the man of your dreams? LOL (I won't tell you left him out...lol )
Oh Lori Bell, I could go on but I tend to ramble so I cut it short...here's the rest of my list:
3. (really #1) living with the man of my dreams, 4. being out of a gang infested neighborhood. 5. Nice nice nice brand new house with granite counter tops and hard wood floors vs. a 30 year old apartment building owned by a slumlord with carpet from 1980 and moldy windows 5. having a nice little front and back yard where I can flower garden vs. garbage strewn parking lot (see above slumlord reference) 6. sharing my life with a great guy vs. going it alone 7. coming up in life a little financially by sharing a home.

I could go on! It really is a positive move for me!
Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

WOW! What a great thing to happen for you. I admire your reserve and your "get it done" attitude. I know so many people would have put it off for lack of help. I hope you are enjoying your new place, and the new found life with DBF,
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote