3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I did it (small victory here) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/195738-i-did-small-victory-here.html)

Summerblue 03-02-2010 09:01 AM

I did it (small victory here)

I managed to make it thru the night last night without my LATE NIGHT SNACK - it was HORRIFIC for a moment, but I had done so good all day and followed my calorie counting, journaled everything, drank lots of water AND excercised.

I wanted that SNACK so darn bad! I say snack and that is really a very loose term- but it happends for me (my witching hour) is around 9pm. Can anyone feel me on that one?

So I brushed my teeth and drank a big glass of water and can on this website to look at some before and after pictures.

Then my husband pronounces I AM HUNGRY! I am like.......goodnight - for pete's sake.

So I got up this morning and did my excercise and here I am.

I hope and pray that I can continue to fight that 9pm urge to EAT (horribly unhealthy things) - I am not really stocking any horribly unhealthy things, but its amazing how you can make some ridiculous conconction up.

Anyway on to day 2.

Thank you so much for all of the encouragement I have received in my 24 hour journey so far.

xo ;)

Ten Years 03-02-2010 09:07 AM

Oh fantastic! That's great, good work.

It doesn't take long to get out of those habits, especially if you make some new, healthier ones to replace them.

Way to go!

L R K 03-02-2010 09:11 AM

Well done on that NSV :) :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

JackiG 03-02-2010 09:13 AM

You did a great job! I hope today is easier for you!

Beverlyjoy 03-02-2010 09:21 AM

That's wonderful. Good use of some distraction methods!!

time2lose 03-02-2010 09:25 AM

Congrats! You did great and it will get easier.

Trazey34 03-02-2010 09:25 AM

sorry, that's not really a little victory...

THAT IS A HUGE FREAKIN VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saying NO once makes it easier to say NO again and again!!! I know there's every kind of advice imagineable on this site, but if i can offer my 2 cents, I swear I've lost 100 plus pounds MOSTLY because after dinner and a cup of tea and a small (healthy) treat, the kitchen is CLOSED! I'm sure at least 50% of folks on here swear by snacks and I can handle them during the day, but at night it's a lethal activity LOL So i just eliminated it! don't miss it! makes it soooo much easier!!

Eliana 03-02-2010 09:47 AM

I think you were wise to go to bed. That's one of my tricks too. If it's late and close to bed time and I want something to eat, I tend to go to bed instead. I'm fortunate that I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and I don't notice hunger.

rockinrobin 03-02-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerblue (Post 3180148)

I hope and pray that I can continue to fight that 9pm urge to EAT (horribly unhealthy things) -

)

Of course you can. You did it once, you can do it again and again!

Just because you have the urge/desire/craving to eat something, doesn't mean you have to give into it. We make mature, reasonable, rational, sensible decisions all day long. Your food intake is no different. As you now know! Wanting something, just for the sake of wanting it is no longer relevant. You must always remember what you want MORE. What you want the MOST.

And yes, it does get easier. Turning down food when not hungry will become natural and normal to you. And here's the great part - eventually - you want even want it. Yup. It's true!

Congratulations and keep up the great work!

MamaP 03-02-2010 10:29 AM

That's awesome! Congrats! I too have trouble with that late-night snacking and I think it is simply out of boredom. So since discovering this site, I've been spending that time at night reading the forums. It has helped a great deal. I've decided it's not worth ruining a whole day of hard work.

Kris
Dancing away the pounds! :dance:

MomtoThree 03-02-2010 11:30 AM

Wow, that is a wonderful NSV. I hope one day I can also claim that one.

kuhrisuh 03-02-2010 11:37 AM

that's a HUGE victory in my book!! :cheer2: you're getting stronger & stronger every day :] keep it up!!

jigglefree 03-02-2010 11:58 AM

Now That's a VICTORY!!

Congrats. I used to have to fight through the bewitching hour and you are right it can be difficult but you proved to yourself last night you can do it. If you did it once you CAN do it again.

:carrot::carrot: Do the happy dance, do the happy dance. :carrot::carrot:

Summerblue 03-02-2010 12:45 PM

Thanks Everyone!!!!! It all really helps, all of your words and encouragement.

I am walking for excercise at this point...........what do you do?

Eliana 03-02-2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerblue (Post 3180657)

I am walking for excercise at this point...........what do you do?

Walking is great! I do a little of everything. I walk outside and I walk/run around my ping pong table when watching TV. :D I have an exercise ball and hand weights for strength training. I run up and down my stairs. I jump rope without a rope.

I'll try just about anything that doesn't involve buying a machine. :D