Proud of myself

• So I had to work this morning, not such a big deal, except that my work place is full of temptation. I work at a fast food restaurant, and I love the food. So today was kinda stressful at work, and when I went on my break, instead of "those foods" that I would turn to for stress relief, I got my lunch that I was planning on getting anyway. No fried foods, nothing to terribly loaded with calories. I got a bowl with rice, black beans, chicken and 3 different salsas. It had about 350 calories. Not bad right? When I got home, it was snack time. I opened the fridge, and there were 2 bags left over pizza (2 different kinds). I had my yogurt and grapes instead. GO ME! I'm super excited.

I know its not like all that great, but I think its a good step in the right direction. I feel so good. Usually, I would have had something fried at work, and then had 2 pieces of pizza once I got home. YAY! Anyway, I'm off to take the dog for a walk.
  • This is a great job, and you have every reason to be proud of yourself!! You go, girl!
  • Great job! It's those little successes that help us keep going. Each time you say no to the wrong thing and yes to the right thing it gets easier.

I can't imagine working in a fast food place, but it sounds like you have a plan and it's working! Go you!
  • good job!!!
  • Awesome job!!! Throw that pizza away! hahah. I would have a hard time resisting that. I'm impressed.
  • WTG..I think it would be hard to work in a fast food place but awesome job staying on plan.
  • Quote: I know its not like all that great
    It totally is! You proved that you can do this, that it doesn't cost you anything, that you feel good about having done it, and now you know that you can do it again. That seems pretty great to me, and you have every reason to feel proud about it.
  • That is wonderful to resist in the face of that kind of temptation!
  • I can't imagine working at a fast food place either. I am so impressed with you! If I were you, I'd have to make that particular joint off-limits to me. I would have to take my own food. I would probably do a lot of self-talking about how horrible that food is and make disgusted faces at it. Whatever works, right?

You're doing great!
  • I am proud of you too! Weigh to go!
  • I think it is totally "that great". Little steps at a time are what gets you down that really long road. One day, one food choice, one bite a time GF! Keep up the good work.