Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default McD's NSV.

So I have been on plan consistently for like...3 days now. It would have been 6 but on Fri ad some nachos. ANYWAY! Last night was a late supper for the DH and I and I start listing our options in the kitchen. We both laugh and say noone wants to start cooking at 8pm so witch takeout are we getting? Then iI instantly get agravated and start rambeling about how I don't want to be fat and blah blah. So I decide I am getting Subway regardless of his nasty choice of burgers and fries. So I get a turkey sub with 1/2 the meat and tons of veggies and for desert (cuz I'm scared the sub wont cut it and I'll reach for the icecram in the freezer after) I get a yogert parfait from McD's when I order DH food. (subway and McDonalds are right across the street from each other so it's like turn right for health turn left for FAT) The sub was awesome and the parfait was tasty! And so I had my 1500 cal for the day and that was it. Satisfaction!

So today is day 3 on plan and I have not had 3 days on plan in a row in a LONG time. I am genuinely so psyched about it. I feel like I had an altercation with the munchies and kicked it's a$$. lol.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #2  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

OH good job! Good compromise! You can do it today too, make it four in a row!

Does it help you to stay on plan if you actually make a plan? I know I am most likely to slip on the days when I am standing in front of the fridge hungry with no plan for dinner. In order to stay effectively on plan I have to force myself to take a few minutes every morning to completely plan out my day. It works even better when I plan a week at a time, but I'm improving on that.
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #3  

Height: 5ft6'

I realy should be planning my meals in advance. And some days I do but it is something I have to work on. Even when I do plan sometimes it just doesn't end up the way I intended.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

Way to go! I am a complete fastfood junkie. I know how bad it is for me, the lack of nutrition and even they inferior ingredients often used, but I still LOVE it, so getting someone else dinner there and not getting it myself would be a huge struggle.
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #5  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Congrats, TracyElaine! Way to go!
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:39 PM   #6  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I agree with Ten Yars, more planning. It won't always work out, but the longer you do it the more days will work. There are definitely days where I get to dinner and I look at my plan and I don't want that, but I usually have it anyway and just plan in whatever it was I was wanting (or a healthier version of it) in the next couple days. Then there are days where I end up with pizza for lunch or Chinese for dinner. The written plan helps keep the pizza and Chinese days to a minimum though.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

I'm impressed you went to a McD's and still resisted temptation. Just driving by a McD's and resisting is an NSV for me! Way to go!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Making progress! Good.

Yes...I agree - planning is key.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #9  
eratosthanes

S/C/G: 297/273/170

Height: 5'5"

MickyD's NSVs are always good!

As soon as we get some more room in the freezer, we are going to make homemade frozen meals to use when I am in too much pain to cook, or for when there is no time. Checkers and Taco Bell are the only places open when bf gets off of work, and a whole day on plan can be ruined by just enough food to make you feel full.
eratosthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Good job!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote