MARCH NSV's

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
  • Finally dropped another inch from my waist. 37". Woot.
  • I received several compliments today. My director at work told me she can see I'm really coming down. Two other co workers said my face is really slimming down. That made me feel really good.
  • BMI<35!! Hurrah, hurrah!
  • When I was out over the weekend, there was girl scouts out everywhere torturing me with cookies. I had to stop at Walgreens then Target. Girl Scouts were at Walgreens. There was a soap dispenser that I really wanted at Target for my bathroom and kitchen, more than I wanted to spend on soap dispensers though. I promised myself if I didn't buy any cookies, I could get the soap dispensers. I know have two really pretty green, glass soap dispensers, no cookies, and a clear conscience!
  • I finally can wear the next size down, which I already had in my closet. Hoping to fly thru this size and be on to the shopping!

Angie
  • I haven't been posting in ages - just lurking. So that is part of my nsv - putting myself out there for more accountability.

I also have gotten myself reorganized with a food/workout journal & have started a one week commitment to do awesome with it. I'll recommit next week.
  • My buddy took me to Kissimee for my birthday and I was able to buy a Disney T shirt (size L) and it fits! First time I can wear a Size large in 20 years!!!
  • I bought 2 new pairs of jeans today, 16W's (from a high of 20W) and I'm also fitting into many of the regular size 18's that I'm trying on!
  • *bump*
  • I tried on my OLD size 20 jeans ths morning and they fit great!
  • I did my first ever 30 minute jog. The most I had done in the past is 20 minutes and I spent the first 5 minutes thinking I wouldn't be able to do it, but once I hit the 20 minute mark, it started to feel really good and I actually enjoyed the last 10 minutes and picked up the pace quite a bit.
  • I made it to the gym today! It's the first time in over a month so I'm very proud Unfortunately because of my schedule I won't be able to get back there until saturday
  • I walked 6.9 miles yesterday, and 6.0 miles today. Just last month 3 was my limit, with the same amount of pain medication, and then I slept for two days after. Also, the same walk that took me 30 min. to do last month only took 25 today, and that was AFTER I had already gone 5 mi earlier, not to mention the 6.9 yesterday. Tomorrow I am taking a well-deserved break, lol.
  • I had lab results today that showed good cholesterol levels, good blood sugar levels, and my blood pressure was normal.