Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #46  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBreeze2010 View Post

I noticed this guy staring at me while cleaning my car out. I was embarrased because he must be thinking that I am a disgusting slob for having such a messy car. I was finally finished and closed the door. At that moment he looked at me, winked and whistled. Yup, whistled. Seriously? How the **** did that look good to you, buddy? It did occur to me that he was pretty young, so qualities like cleanliness clearly aren't as important. Still, I feel like I look good today, but I am not someone that gets whistled at! Anyway, thought I would share it so someone else could laugh, too!
That is a great story. It makes me want to go out side and clean my car....was he cute ?
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #47  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

*bump*
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #48  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Marigrace - I don't know? I avoided eye contact with him because I thought most of the time that he was staring to make fun of me. I don't know too many professional men that act that way, so I assumed he was young. Maybe cute?? I am happily married and not interested in anyone else. It just took me by surprise that I was "that girl" that gets whistled at. Then, I just thought it was hilarious. On a different note, I am loving the clean car. The turn in the weather and a clean car make me want to drive with my windows down!
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #49  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I went to the movie theater with the kids yesterday and didn't have one piece of POPCORN. That is huge for me! I've been known to polish off a large popcorn before the movie even starts.
I had a healthy lunch before we left and had a yogurt cup and a pair when we got home to get me through to dinner.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:56 PM   #50  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I pulled out shorts today from last summer and didn't have the, 'oy, those legs' thought run through my brain
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #51  
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

My first nsv happened today. Last week I went to my doctor's office to have a spider bite looked at. Anyway, while I was there the doctor wanted to check my glucose level and my red blood count. I was in the pre-diabetic range last time I had my glucose checked. I was on metformin for a while, but I had stopped taking it. My doctor told me she was going to put me back on metformin if my blood work came back with an above normal glucose level. Anyway, I got the results back today and my glucose was 82! That's right 82! That's completely normal. I have been dieting for three months. I changed my diet from fatty unhealthy foods to very healthy foods, and my blood sugar improved. You know what else improved? My blood pressure has went down some too. And, my blood count has been in the normal range since dieting. I guess I am getting more iron in my diet.

I definitely count that as a nsv. This just makes me want to keep pushing onward with my weight loss. I'm so happy to be getting healthier.

Last edited by Asherdoodles87; 03-10-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Asherdoodles87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:05 PM   #52  

Height: 5'10"

I have a couple. My clothes are fitting so much better and I passed up doughnuts at work today! Then, I went to Target after work and bought one of those little to-go cups of mini chocolate chip cookies. I ate a couple in the car and tossed the rest out of the window!! I decided it wasn't worth the points. Yea!!
jewelrymaker81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:40 AM   #53  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

My NSV started with being annoyed by my over-sized sleep shirts. (I sleep in a t-shirt and boxers and some of the shirts were getting ridiculous!) So I took out the ones I can't wear anymore, then I went to my closet to look for replacements. I have tons of t-shirts because they are all I wore at my heaviest. I moved in this place a year ago and only brought stuff that fit at the time. Well, as I tried on my t-shirts, many were too big for me to wear out of the house and they were put in my nightshirt drawer.

This sparked something in me and I tried on almost everything I own and tossed the stuff that's too big in the floor. There are now 37 articles of clothing laying in the floor!!! CRAZY!!! I don't have that much clothing left, but I couldn't possibly wear these! I think I will pack most of them and take them to my mom's just in case, but hopefully I will never have to wear them again!!

Here are the t-shirts that I was wearing daily last summer but now have to be sleep shirts:

And here is everything else that is too big for me to wear anymore:

-edit- OH! And most of this stuff fit me last fall, because I took about 20 of my nicest pieces out back then and gave them to my mother-in-law because they were too big. That was around 25 pounds ago.

Last edited by JustSharing83; 03-12-2010 at 04:56 AM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

I didn't have to lay on my bed to get my jeans buttoned and zipped this morning. This is a very big change from the last couple months (including a few weeks in there were they simply would button). Whew...so much more comfortable sitting at my desk today!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSharing83 View Post
I don't have that much clothing left, but I couldn't possibly wear these! I think I will pack most of them and take them to my mom's just in case
No no no. Just in case what? In case you change your mind about losing weight? Do you really thing that's going to happen? In case you start gaining it back? The solution then isn't to dig out old clothes, it's to get back on plan! Get rid of them! Give them away to friends, freecycle them, drop them off at goodwill -- do something that means you no longer own them. You don't need them as a fallback plan, because you're not going to fall back.
LisaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #56  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

Today I am wearing my size 16w Levis - comfortably. They are snug, but they are not uncomfortable. 16 days ago I couldn't get them up, let alone fasten them. 9 days ago I could get them up, but nowhere near fastened. Today, fastened with no problem. I have no idea how many inches I have lost with the 9 1/2 lb weight loss, but it's enough that I've gone from being uncomfortable in my (snug) size 18's (and a couple of size 20's) to being able to wear several pairs of pants that I couldn't wear 2 weeks ago. My next NSV goal is to be able to wear these pants (the Levis) with a regular waist-length shirt and look good enough that when I step off the plane (in 15 days) to see my daughter she will be able to see how much progress I have made.

----------------------
Kris
Dancing away the pounds
One for every 5 lbs lost

Goal 1: below 240
Goal 2: 218 (15% off)
Goal 3: Onderderland
Final Goal: 175 or below

Mini Goals of 5 lbs each . . .

Last edited by MamaP; 03-12-2010 at 12:46 PM.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I hate morning time...but this past week, I've gotten up every morning at 8am, gotten to campus by 9am and gotten a work-out in.
I wanted to go today, but my ankle is super swollen, so I'm going to give it a break. Maybe a walk tonight.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #58  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I am keeping my grandsons for a few days to give DD and DSIL a break. I am so pleased to be able to play with them and just keep up with them in general. My life is so much richer now!
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:19 PM   #59  
A Turtle loser

S/C/G: 254/239/200

MY NSV is I can hook my bra on the 3rd hook to make my bra tighter, just a few months ago I was tempted to buy a bra extension.
Michelle1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:23 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

My NSV is that I walked a distance today and was not winded by the time I got back. I actually kept at a very good pace. Usually, when I make that trek I really dread it, because it seems far. Really, it isn't far at all, but because I am so overweight and my activity has gone down so much, even a few blocks seems too far, ya know?

I was so happy today when I reached what I used to consider a hill! Turns out it really isn't! It is just that carrying as much weight as I am, and gradient in the terrain feels hill-ish!

Another NSV is that some pants that were so tight the zipper would always go down no longer feel tight, but actually quite baggy in some places. And guess what? the zipper isn't weird at all! When my pants are too tight then the zipper doesn't want to stay, but when they aren't so tight, the zipper stays put most of the time.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote