Old 03-01-2010, 08:14 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default Accountability, Menu, Planning, Exercise, etc -- Week of March 1

Do you need a place to be accountable? To post your menu? For Support? Then this is the place for you!!!! Come on in!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #2  
mj5

Good Morning! Alrightly, so after spending the weekend doing a lot of thinking....I am SO ready to get myself back on track. Of course I have been tired. I have been giving SO much to eveyone else (hubby, nieces, other family, workm, etc) and NOT taking care of myself. I am loving all of the family time, don't get me wrong, but I need to make time for ME again! So, I spent some time putting some new music on my mp3 player this weekend. I organized my makeup (something I LOVE). I painted my nails. I watched a movie (and turned off my cell phone!!!) It was wonderful.

As soon as the nail place opens up, I am calling to make myself an appt for a mani/pedi on Saturday. I haven't done that in months.

I AM going to the gym tonight (please feel free to kick me in the booty if I slink back here later and say I didn't go for whatever lame reason, lol!)

I have to make the time for myself. I enjoy my "me" time at the gym, I really do....I just have to get back into my routine of going again.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Home Sweet Home!

After ten days away, I am so glad to be back home to my own food comfort zone. All in all I am pleased with my approach to food while away - it was sane and thought out for the most part. Was I exactly on target all the time? - of course not. But... I am happy with the way it went. I used my second food plan - exchanges and allowed up to three hundred extra calories per day. I don't think I went over that amount more than once or twice - I am grateful for the willingness to try. Wednesday is my usual weigh day - I am hopeful that I won't gasp when I see the number.

Yesterday was an all day travel day - I left blooming, green & sunny California
to arrive to gray, snowy bleakness in the Midwest. I've planned my day for food and more - I will go back to counting calories today.

today-

plan and log food
eat seated, fork down between bites, eat seated
taste food
slow down
exercise
remember why
lots of water

breakfast - ww english muffin, egg white scramble, ketchup, clementine
lunch - tuna, lite mayo, fiber crackers, red pepper strips
snack - cereal, fruit, milk
dinner - pasta, red sauce, parm cheese, garlic toast, salad
snack - cereal, fruit, milk

I hope everyone has a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-01-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #4  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Friends.

Diane - Happy Anniversary!
Soulnik - IMO, you made the right decision to come out of the challenge. It was obvious that it was derailing you from your real goals.
MJ - Glad to hear that excitement back in your voice.
Beverly - Vacations are always tough on our weight loss plan. Glad you make it through ok.

My weekend urge to pamper myself with food was not a great idea. Yeah, life is stressful. But, this extra 100 lbs is stressful, too! No more. This week, I will make exercise a priority and plan for the weekend.

Have a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

I will break my mental barrier this month.It will take alot of hard work to do.I plan to exercise daily! I plan to eat only real foods and very little processed.I will get to the 100lb loss mark and keep going.I am 7lbs above my lowest weight of last year.Its time to get to a new low. This is my month..spring is coming and Im ready to enjoy it!!
breakfast- thin bun with peanut butter , apple
lunch- stirfry with loads of veggies
dinner- porkchop and baked sweet potato and a huge salad.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  
mj5

Beverlyjoy--Welcome back!

Rhonda--Thanks...it feels good to have some excitement back. Yea, been there w/ the whole pamper self w/ food....not the best idea for me either. What's your exercise of choice this week?

dgramie--Good for you!!!

My gym days are Monday, Wednesday, and Friday this week.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #7  

Hey Chicas,

I took a mental health day and stayed home from work. I kept my bedroom dark and slept until 1 pm. Then I gave myself a pedicure. I think I'm a little depressed and I got my period so not a good combo. I'm sleeping a lot and just generally not interested in much.

I realized this weekend that the 5 year anniversary of my parents' deaths are coming up (mom - March 18th, dad - may 6th). I can't believe it's been 5 years! I have to be aware of my mood right now. The winter/spring transition is usually a time when I am prone to depression but since my parents died even more so.

My goal for today is just to stay within my points range. I didn't feel much like going to the grocery store or cooking this weekend so it'll be Lean Cuisines a lot this week. Too much sodium, I know, but it'll do for now. I do have frozen veggies and some fruit in the house, though.

Anywho, here's hoping for a better tomorrow! Sorry to bring the room down.

Have a good day!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good afternoon everyone!

It feels great to be back! I had a pretty good weekend overall. I was able to take a long walk with my hubby this weekend in the sun and that was fabulous (especially since we don't get much time together). It's great to do things that are healthy together AND actually enjoy it.

I just got back from Weight Watchers and lost 3 pounds so I am very satisfied and grateful for that. Just need to keep going forward. Actually, the weight loss is not what I am most proud of today. I actually went to the doctor this morning after about 4 years of avoidance. Last time I was in they weren't so nice to me about my weight and told me my blood pressure was borderline high. My new doctor made me feel very comfortable and was very encouraging and understanding with my weight issues. My blood pressure was right on target and I am just so thankful for the NSV.

mj - Yay for treating ourselves well. That's one of the things I am learning the most...how to make sure I'm taking care of myself. I notice I tend to make sure everyone else is taken care of, and am so concerned with how they feel that I forget about myself sometimes. Have a great workout at the gym!

Beverlyjoy - I'm SO GLAD you're back and CONGRATS on your successful trip! Have a great day back at home!

Rhonda - Today is a new day and I'm sure you will make the most of it. Whatever happened this weekend is over and done and I'M CERTAIN you will have a great OP week!

dgramie - GO DGRAMIE GO!!! Can't wait to see you stomp your low weight record and sail over the 100 pound loss mark!

soulnik - I'm so sorry you are feeling blue. I think you made a very good decision FOR YOU regarding the competition. I'm glad that you are taking a mental health day for yourself. Be kind to yourself...even though you may not feel like it, you are doing something really great for yourself and you should be proud of that. I know it's easier said than done. Hey - have you got your mani-pedi or Wii game for your first 10 pounds?

Today:
b - banana, cereal, coconut milk - 6
l - cottage cheese, TJs cheese crunchies - 6
s - yogurt, orange - 3
d - Chicken Tortas - 8
s - Whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 min. walk
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 AM   #9  
mj5

Morning everyone!

soulnik--HUGS--having an awareness is half the battle sometimes. Taking a mental health day is good, staying in bed all day, not so much...Good for you for the pedi!!! We are here for you!!!

brandi--Sounds like a great weekend! I know what you mean...hubby and I actually both took Monday off so we will finally have a day off together....I can't wait!!!

I had a great workout last night! Just cardio--tomorrow I will add in some weights again. I realized that I miss lifting weights (who said that?! LOL!) I also learned that my gym is upgrading their cardio equipment this month. YIPPEE!!

Overall, a good, solid OP day for me yesterday!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #10  

Hi chicks...Yesterday was a great day! I am very happy to be back home. I got so much done. I had a healthy day - I am grateful. I went to the grocery store and got lots of healthy stuff. I came home to DH's bags or cookies and candy...these need to go (or least out of sight or in his car)

Tomorrow I'll be weighing in the morning.

Today - I'll be working on the silent auction/fundraiser for next month. Lots of paperwork.

Today
plan and log food
exercise - stretches and strengthening
eat seated only
fork/food down between bites - eat slowly
no seconds
mindful eating
meditation - it's been a long time
lots of water
leave one bite of food on plate

breakfast - 1/2 raisin English muffin, pnb, boca bacon, clementine
lunch - garden burger with lite cheese, lite mayo, on bread, steamed spinach
snack - yogurt, fiber bar
dinner - cheese toast, soup, salad
snack - rice cakes, with pnb, honey, blueberries

mj - so glad you got to the gym and LIKED it. Way to go. Glad you got into the weights! Did you make your pedicure appointment.

brandijune - three pounds down....awesome. I am so glad you went to the doctor and felt comfortable - it's important to feel OK about going there when necessary. Good blood pressure - another hooray.

dgrammie - go girl...you sound like you are ready to get off those seven pounds. You can do this!

soulnic - it's good to be able to take a mental health day when necessary. I understand how it can hurt inside when thinking about parents/family that have passed on. My dad passed away ten years ago - there's still a tug at my heart when the anniversary of this comes. Maybe taking a nice long brisk walk will help - look to the sky and take many deep breaths. Sometimes I write my dad a letter saying what I am thinking - that has been helpful too. Try to not hang in your dark bedroom - brightness will help!

rhonda - planning ahead for exercise and food is such a good idea - you CAN do this.

Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-02-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'7"

My scales are still up 2lbs but I truly believe its from my sore muscles. Painting is alot of hard work and my body wasnt use to that ladder.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #12  
mj5

Oh, I almost forgot!!! The scales are down 2lbs! YIPPEE! I need to change my ticker, finally!!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good morning!

I'm doing pretty well this morning except for that TOM has arrived and I'm feeling a little slow and am having some pain. Oh well...it will pass eventually. I was VERY proud of myself last night because hubby brought me home a cupcake from work (he's a cook in a local pub). It was dark chocolate with some type of heaven cream cheese frosting. I cut it into fourths and only had one quarter yesterday. Now THAT'S an accomplishment normally, but ESPECIALLY since it's that time of the month. I think I'll pat myself on the back. I didn't get my workout in yesterday though, or even the walk that I had planned. Today's a new day though and at least I didn't "binge" on cupcake heaven

mj - HOORAY! Congrats on the 2 pounds! Great job working out! Enjoy the new equipment! (I'm jealous)

dgramie - I'm sure that the scales will be moving down soon!

Beverlyjoy - I hope your hubby gets those sweets out of the house SOON! What is it with them???

soulnik - Hope you are hanging in there

Rhonda - Hope you had a fantastic OP day yesterday!

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - Out to lunch with friend...will choose something healthy...likely a salad - 8
s - orange - 1
d - chicken tortas - 7
s - whole wheat cookies - 2

Exercise: 60 minute cardio AT GYM!
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #14  

MJ - Hooray on those two pounds gone!!!

Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #15  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Br: cereal and milk, coffee, piece of fruit
Lu: whole wheat bun with ham & cheese & veggies, tiny bit of mayo, 1/2 a small bag of BroccoliWockoli (it's a real thing! all cut up and ready to eat) with some F.F. ranch to dip, an apple
Din: chicken souvlaki, rice, ton o veg

OMG the gods conspired against me today -- we play trivia at lunch time, and someone brought in a game where the questions were written on the wrappers...of chocolates!! omg! get it right, get achocolate!!! i had quite the stack by the end of it.....sigh.......then i gave it all away to a teenager visiting the office.....
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote