Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #31  

Hey Chicas,

CRAZY DAY! I had to write 3 articles for the website by close of business. I can't even tell you how much plagiarizing I did. LOL.

Mood is much better. Yesterday was amazing! Talked to an old boyfriend (which may end up being a problem, but for now it made me happy) and the people who offered me the job in FL told me they're flying me down for Easter. Cool!

Food is a little wacky but I'm getting back on track. I swear I'll do a more thorough check in tomorrow. I can't believe it's almost Friday (and only Thursday).

OY!
soulnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Chick! Yesterday was a good day - I am so grateful. It's hard to hop back on after a little slip - I am grateful I pushed through.

I am off to get my car serviced.

Today
lots of water
gentle stretches (my back hurts)
fork down between bites, eat only when seated
taste the food and slow down
remember WHY I am doing this
remind myself that food is not an emergency
no seconds
log food

breakfast - raisin English Muffin with npnb, clementine
lunch - Italian veggie and garbonzo bean stew, cheese, garlic toast
snack - Fiber one, milk, 1/2 banana
dinner - out - steamed ginger bass, veggies, brown rice
snack - rice cakes with pnb,

I'll try and get back for personals later...gotta run.

Have a great day, chicks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hi Ya'll! As you can see I blew up the boards this morning. I'm sorry if I pushed some of your posts way back. I really wanted to catch up as my goal is to post freakin REGULARLY. I have such a hard time with that and I would never want anyone to think I was here for support for me without giving any back.

That being said...

All I have planned for today so far is bfast.

I found what I call "dessert" is a good breakfast.

2 pieces toasted whole grain organic raisin bread w/ 1 tsp each natural peanutbutter, 1 tsp each organic fruit spread w/ fiber and w/o sugar and 1 banana split between the two with a glass of skim milk. It's reminds of a banana split on toast! 2 pieces for bfast or one piece for snack.

Lunch, I'm not sure yet...

Dinner - roasted pork loin w/ portabello mushrooms, spinach, olives and regular mushrooms, and organic parmesean risotto. Maybe some broccoli, too.

Water - 1gallon.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

randi_ wow congrats on being smoke free for a month!! I am so proud of you!! Now as for the snowman hanging...I actually love snowmen and collect them.I had to take them all down and hide them to make the snow stop falling. I am so glad I did!! We have a beautiful day here in western Ky. Now if the temps that they are promising happen we will be in great shape.

My scales are still stuck..I know if I keep having POP days they will move down. I did much better yesterday but did end up grabbing a slimfast for lunch.Its hard to find time to eat myself when I am keeping 3 kids age 3 and my 16 month old granddaughter.
I plan on getting lots of walking in this weekend if the weather is as good as they are predicting.
food- cherrios with a little 2% milk
lunch- salad...or slimfast
dinner- baked fish and baked pot and greenbeans

no snacks and not bites extra...not a single chip or goldfish cracker...no dry cereal NOT A BITE!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 08:49 AM   #35  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning everyone! The sun is shining SUPER bright today! It's FRIDAY! AND...it's payday!!!! AND I have Monday off w/ hubby!!!! AND...I'm 'single' this weekend...hubby is going to see his family (I get to stay home! YIPPEE!!!!!) I have fun stuff planned....mani/pedi (much needed MJ time tomorrow!), game night w/ my family tomorrow night; Sunday--going to visit my mom...Of course, workouts sprinkled in there too.

I am joining a book club w/ a friend and some of her work friends. It sounds like a lot of fun. The really good news is, they are ALL trying to eat healthier/lose weight, so the snacks will all be on the healthier side when we meet! I am going to get the first book tonight.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #36  
lindscounty

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/170

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone! So far I only have breakfast and dinner planned. Tonight is my son's pinewood derby race and potluck which I am dreading - this will be the first time I am going to a potluck since being OP. I hope there are some healthy choices. Today is my day off so I am going to enjoy some ME time! Have a great day everyone!

Breakfast: Choc. vita muffin, vanilla almost special k, skim milk, banana
lindscounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 297/257/184

Height: 6'0"

Good Morning ladies!

I'm feeling a bit better this morning. (Thank goodness!) I had to deal with sick cat issues yesterday afternoon so I missed the gym It actually stresses me out when I can't get to that gym like I want. Instead of just calling it a day though, I put on fitness tv and walked for 30 minutes and did a 15 minute bootcamp. I actually think it might have been good to change things up a bit. Back to the gym today though!

I'm so excited that it's Friday...hope you all have great OP weekends!

Beverlyjoy - Way to go! I'm not sure I could have been as strong to throw that cake away! Great job getting back OP...doesn't the control just feel so good!

Lindscounty - It's great to have you here! I LOVE your menu...it has already given me some new ideas. Good luck with the potluck! You'll do great!

soulnik - I'm SO glad to hear that you are feeling better! I can tell just by the tone of your post that you're getting your "spunk" back. (Hey! Isn't that a song..."I'm bringing spunk back..." hehe Sorry, I admit it, you've got a Justin fanatic on your hands. I'm such a nerd )

S.A.S.H. - I'm so glad that you've decided to join us! mmmmm that breakfast sounds SO GOOD!

dgramie - Have a great POP (I love that!) day!

mj - Yay for "me" days! The book club sounds like it will be great, and perhaps even offer you more weight loss support. Have a great Monday with hubby

Today:
b - cereal, coconut milk, apple - 5
s - yogurt, banana - 4
l - cottage cheese, whole grain crackers - 6
s - orange - 1
d - greek salad (romaine, kalamata olives, onion, FF feta, cucumber, pesto) - 8
s - whole grain cookies - 2

Exercise: Get your butt to that gym Brandi! (Speaking of...Rhonda, my dear, how are you?) 60 minutes cardio...
brandijune44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #38  
Reluctant Adult

Hello, wonderful chicks!!

Long past time for me to catch up with you all...

brandijune, glad you are feeling better now after TOM, and I hope the sick cat issues resolve soon -- NOT fun!! Great way to pinch hit for missing the gym!! I am in awe of your resolve!!

mj, enjoy the heck out of those mani/pedi services!! You really need some good "me" time. You've been working hard AND staying on plan -- wow!! The book club sounds really fun, too!!

Beverlyjoy, outstanding treatment of that cake!!! Not sure I would have had your strength!! That's dedication we can all admire!!

lindscounty, !! Your menu sounds great... makes me wish I could have more carbs... <sigh...> I don't like potlucks, either, but I've evolved a strategy for them: I always bring a crockpot of my on-plan chili. Then I know there is at least SOMETHING there I can have!! Enjoy this great group of women.

soulnik, so glad to hear you're feeling better about things!! I look forward to hearing what kind of trouble you're getting up to with the old boyfriend... sounds intriguing!! And how exciting about going to Florida -- please keep us posted!!

S.A.S.H., love your banana split toast breakfast -- sounds so yummy!! You gave me a laugh with your water notation: "Water - 1 gallon." A good reminder for me to get in at least half that!!

dgramie, my scales are stuck, too, so I feel your pain... I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on. You're doing an extraordinary job with your plan in addition to all else you are juggling!! Keep it up!!

I'm doing pretty well, considering how many massive changes have recently occurred in my life... Handyman and I are trying to fit our lives together somehow... being older with tons of established relationships between family, friends, etc., makes things a bit complicated. His is a large and loving family, and mine is a wide and loving circle of friends... We sat down and mashed our day planners together. Boy, are we a busy pair!! I had hoped for some quiet time, but this is a wish that shall go unanswered, it seems...

Food-wise, I'm struggling to reconcile cooking regular meals for the new man with my established food plan preferences. Left to myself, I will happily live on a bucket o' soup for a week. This, however, is not a strategy for impressing a new love interest with one's cooking skills. So I'm back to making more elaborate fare and incorporating my food plan needs into that. Fortunately, he's not a picky eater and in general prefers healthful foods -- that's a big help!!

I'm pleased to report that when he took me to meet his parents and other family members, I brought a homemade banana cream pie of which I had only one small bite -- and that was mostly a banana slice. Whodathunk???

Daily hikes have been temporarily interrupted due to work scheduling conflicts, but we hope to resume them tomorrow... both really enjoying that time together (at least it's just us).

Carry on, ladies!!

Best, Rae
raebeaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:43 AM   #39  

Hi chicks...Yesterday was a good healthy day - I am so grateful. I had the steamed ginger sea bass for dinner and had enough to bring some home for lunch. Yay.

Today we are goiong out with some friends (old neighbors) that we haven't seen in a year. This should be fun. I don't know where we are going to dinner. I like to plan ahead - so, I'll have to go with a general plan.

Yesterday I got 175 invitations ready to send for the silent - I am amazed at how long it takes.

today -
lots of water
plan and log food
gentle stretches - back hurts
fork down between bites, no seconds, eat seated only
slow/mindful eating - TASTE
leave one bite of food on plate
feel fullness

breakfast - blueberries, english muffin, pnb
lunch - leftover ginger sea bass, veggies, brown rice
snack - fiber bar, clementine
dinner - ?? - protein, starch, veggie
snack - cereal, fruit, milk, cheese

glad to have time for some personals

raebear - wow, so much happening! It's so easy to let your food plan fly out the window in a new relationship - I give you credit for being aware of it. Meeting the HM's parents! - wow. You are a busy lady. It's nice that you and HM are enjoying being together.

brandijune - Hi! - I am sorry about your kitty being sick - hope it's better soon. Kudo's for using fit TV when you couldn't make it to the gym!!!

lindscountry - WELCOME! - I hope the potluck went well. So glad you joined in here.

MJ - so many good things!!! Enjoy your weekend.

sash- Welcome!!! Glad you joined in - great menu.

soulnic - sounds like you've been super busy. Glad it's the weekend - slow down and concentrate on you!

dgrammie - phooey on that stuck scale. You do have a busy morning - slim fast can work in a pinch. Carry on.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 03-06-2010 at 06:02 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #40  

Wanted to stop in and post before heading out for the day. Going to walmart and getting a few final touches for my livingroom.It looks great with the new paint job and furniture. My cabinet and fridge is empty so will be shopping and filling them with loads of healthy foods.Eating right is hard without the right foods!!
Hubby wants dinner out at a new restraunt...living in a one stop light town makes a new restraunt in our area a big deal. I will count out my chips and make sensible choices. Dinner tonight will be a huge salad stocked full of veggies!!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

I totally bombed today. I binged on McD's, and when I say I binged, I MEAN I BINGED! I don't even know why I did it. I lost 7 freakin pounds last week! I went to work last night with my make up and my hair done and got many looks and compliments. And as I'm eating this mountain of crap this morning, I am totally berating myself all while continuing to shovel it in.

What the french toast????????

Argh. Can't go back, gotta move forward. I can make the rest of the day OP. I've also got my jar to start filling up with OP day slips. Time for a nap. Sleep it off, wake up refreshed and ready to go. Let the crap be in the past. I'll feel it on the scale and that's enough reminder. I know what I did and I will not focus on the negative even if it is weigh in day.
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #42  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi all. Not a great on plan day yesterday and I think it all started with not working out. My legs were sore and tired, so I thought I'd take a break from the gym. Bad move. It went downhill from there. Not horrible, just not on plan. I think that next time I'm sore and tired, I'll still go to the gym and maybe do something simple. Even walking slow on the treadmill, just to keep on track.

Anyway, I was back at it this morning, so that I don't have a repeat of yesterday. Did some elliptical!

SASH - Forgive yourself and move on. Don't beat yourself up anymore. Maybe try to figure out what caused the binge, but just keep trying!!!

dgramie - Have fun tonight. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Beverly - My daughter was just here standing over my shoulder and she likes your avatar. Love the sound of that bass! Yum!

raebaer - Sounds like you're having some fun with the new guy. Good for you!

brandi - You sound like me with getting stressed out when you don't go to the gym. It really can change the mood of the day. Glad you handled it so much better than I did!!!

lindscounty - So how did the potluck go? So hard to remain on plan at those things!

MJ - Wow, you have it planned well for the weekend! Yay for you!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:20 AM   #43  

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day. I enjoyed my leftover fish for lunch. We went out for supper with friends and was willing to ask the waiter "What would you recommend for someone watching their choloesterol?" Actually - my choloestrol is good, but it's great way to find out what's healthy at the restaraunt. He pointed out the pasta with red sauce and veggies. Perfect! I ordered a half portion and was willing to leave some on the plate because I had eaten enough. I am so grateful.

today
breakfast - cinn. english muffin, pnb, blueberres
lunch - wrap with cheese, tomatoes, spinach
snack - cereal, friut, milk
dinner - bean soup, steamed spinach - need to use it up
snack - fiber bar, cheese, clementine.

My back is really hurting today - ugh....I need to take meds and rest it....phooey.

Have a great day.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #44  

I have a few challenges today..grandsons baptism service but we get to skip the meal and head to hubbys sisters 50th bday party. They will be serving fingerfoods. As of now my plan is to hit mcdonalds for lunch and get the classic grilled chicken sandwich. Then make healthy choices of fingerfoods and call that my dinner. Breakfast_not sure yet maybe cottage cheese and fruit.
I will have a hard time getting in all my water today as we will be on the road for hours.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 AM   #45  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! Ahhhh, so far "take care of MJ weekend" has been wonderful...I miss hubby, of course, but he will be home today AND we have ALL day tomorrow off together!!! We haven't had a whole day off together in long time. My mani/pedi was fantastic....it was suprisingly slow in the nail salon, so it was extra relaxing. Game night was a lot of fun too.

Randi--Hi! Your rosted pork dinner sounds fabulous! Yep, can't go back, but today is a new day!!!

brandi--Is is good to change things up sometimes, hope your kitty is ok!

rea--WOW, you are SUPER busy, but it souds awesome!!!

Beverlyjoy--reconnecting w/ old friends is so much fun! Excellent idea for dinner!!!! That sounds really good!

dgramie--Your living room sounds so nice. I am getting Spring fever, big time...even though there is still snow on the ground....we are getting some new furniture soon and I want to to some re-arranging once we get it. LOL....I live in a teeny town too, I totally get the whole "new place in town"! Hope it was good! Good for you for planning ahead for today. Can you take water w/ you?

Diane--Yea...I TOTALLY know what you mean...I know for me, it's best to stick w/ the routine of going to the gym--even if I ligthen what I do, just to keep the routine. It's more mental, but it works.

Rhonda--How are you?

So today I am going to visit my mom and we'll just hang out or maybe go to the outlet mall for a little shopping. Not sure yet.

Have a great OP day everyone!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote