Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 11:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Unhappy Emotional Rollercoaster.....

I'm on an emotional roller coaster.......

My sister had a miscarriage today. Her and her DH have been trying for about a year and a half. We were all overjoyed when we found out. We've been making plans, and now the this.

My SIL, DH's sister, is also pregnant, which I mentioned in a previous post.

Then today I found out that my other SIL, my brother's wife, is also expecting. She's due in May! I am so happy for them, yet really upset for my sister.

Today has been quite a day. I want more than anything, to have this day be a "do over" and have my sister still be pregnant . I want to go to bed and have today be a dream.......

Joanna is due in March, my sister was due in April and Lisa is due in May. My sister and her DH will continue to keep trying, but this is going to be a long 9 months. I had a miscarriage sometime ago, but I still feel the heartbreak everytime I think about it. When I was pregnant with Lucas, they thought I might lose him. My HcG levels weren't doubling like they should. So they gave me some hormone stuff and told me to hope for the best. That feeling of helplessness was almost unbearable. I thank god for all 3 of my children. I just keep trying to tell myself that there is a reason for everything, and even though we don't see it now, we will someday.

Thank you for letting me get this out. It was either come here or go to the fridge. , I feel so helpless. I can only sit here and cry as I type this.....

Old 08-29-2002, 02:42 AM   #2  
gbo

Dyan....... I am so very sorry for all of you. It is horrific to lose a child. It will take time but time does heal the pain. The loss we learn to live with. It never goes away but life does feel sweet again in time. The pain becomes and ache that doesn't interfere with the goodness of life. Something we become acustomed too.
When a few years have gone by it is a gentle reminder of a loved one. This October 19th my Daughter would have been 17 years old. In my case she was just days from her due date. Once before I had a miscarrage in my third month. I really do understand. My heartfelt prayers to all of you. God Bless
Pam
Old 08-29-2002, 08:29 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh dyan. my heart goes out to you and your family. although i don't have any children, i have many in my life. and so many of my friends and family have miscarried, that i know it's not an easy thing to get through. and we all mourn the 'one that got away'

and it really is easier to handle the sadness with food, so a double big hug [i can't use any more smilies!!!] for you for coping with this without eating.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:07 AM   #4  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Oh, Dyan....{{{BIG HIGS}}}. I am so sorry. I have never experienced such a loss, but I can only imagine. We are here for you sweetie!!
Old 08-29-2002, 09:34 AM   #5  

Thank you ladies so much for your support.

My sister doesn't feel like talking right now (which I totally understand), so I sent her email to let her know that I love her and that I'm here whenever she's ready.

She doesn't know about my brother's wife yet, and I know it's gonna sting. Even if she doesn't show it on the outside.

Pam ~ I am so sorry about your loss, those 17 years ago. I can't even imagine going to term. I will be thinking about you and daughter come this October 19th.

Anagram ~ my heart goes out to your DD. I too miscarried in April, some 11 years ago. And that Nov., I was the biggest, meanest *itch, that walked the earth. I was very moody for a few weeks, and then 1 day it hit me. I was suppose to be having a baby that month. And even though it's been 11 years, every Nov. I say a prayer for the little one that I lost.

Jiffypop ~ Thank you. It really is so easy to eat. I am so thankful for all you wonderful ladies and this forum. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have made it this far with ya'll.

Sandi ~ Thank you too. I am so glad that you have never had an experience like this. It is very emotionally draining. I had an evil aunt, that not only told other family members that I didn't have a miscarriage, but an abortion and that it wasn't my first! . I wanted to knock her block off. I was very upset about it that it really hurt that she could tell such a lie. But my family knew she was evil , and didn't believe her. I tell ya, some people.\

Thank you all again.

Old 08-29-2002, 09:47 AM   #6  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

Dyan...

My thoughts are with you and your sister & dh. I can't imagine what they are going through. It must put such a strain on their marriage.

Dana
Old 08-29-2002, 10:17 AM   #7  
Losin It For GOOD!

Dyan - you and your sister are in my prayers as well!

I have a very dear friend who's baby died in utero I guess several years back. They had pretty much given up trying, and just trusted that if God wanted them to have a baby, they would. Well Little Joanna joined our lives in June, and we love her to pieces! I will pray for the same for your sister.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:08 AM   #8  

Dyan -
I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss. I cannot imagine what you must be dealing with. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:30 PM   #9  

Hi All,

Got an email from my sister. I feel so much better. She sounds positive. She knows it was nothing she did. She knows it was her bodies way of telling her something wasn't right. AND the best news, the Dr. said there is no reason they have to wait. they can try again right away! YIPPEE . I'm glad she knows all this. I knew it, but it's not something that you tell the person that's going through it. Ya know?

Again, thank you all for for your support and prayers.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:57 PM   #10  
Losin It For GOOD!

Dyan-
I'm soooo happy to hear that! Let her know we are praying for her!
Old 08-29-2002, 04:29 PM   #11  

I have had two miscarriages, onespirit child each while trying for each of my earth children. It's so hard, and the hormonal rollercoaster added to such an emotionally charged event just makes it worse...
My thoughts are with your family...

SunDrop
Old 08-29-2002, 05:15 PM   #12  

I just found out that a good friend of ours lost her baby yesterday. She didn't even find out she was pregnant until about two weeks ago, and she was already 16 weeks along. She had an ultrasound yesterday and found that the baby had no kidneys and they had to terminate the pregnancy, as it was detremental to her health, and the baby was not expected to survive childbirth. Please pray for her as well as Dyan's family. Everyone seems to be going through so much lately.
Old 08-29-2002, 05:21 PM   #13  
hot mom wanna be!

I am really sorry about your sister. I can imagine how bad your family feels right now. My cousin has had two miscarriages and is currently pregnant and not due until March. Also a friend of mine had a stillborn at 9 months. She went in labor a few weeks early. bleeding etc.. and they realized the heart rate was low, they did an emergency c-section but the baby died before they could get her out. her first pregnancy!! She also had a hard time being preg at first with constantly getting dehydrated and being hospitalized a few times for that so it was very sad. Now she has a healthy two year old boy, but she still refers to her "Sarah"that she lost. Such a tragedy.
Try not to eat to make yourself feel better, it will be better just to cry and get it all out. And of course, come here for support too!
God Bless!
laura
Old 08-30-2002, 12:04 AM   #14  

Denise ~ I'll be sending prayers to your friend and her family.

So many of us have had to go through some very horrible stuff, and even though life goes on, I think each of us, will also hold a place in our hearts for "The ones looking down at us from above".

Thank you ALL!
Closed Thread