3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Gowear Fit or BodyBugg users? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/195366-gowear-fit-bodybugg-users.html)

PeanutsMom704 02-26-2010 03:31 PM

Gowear Fit or BodyBugg users?

I just got a GWF and thought I'd see if any other 100 lb Club members were using one?

katkitten 02-26-2010 03:39 PM

I am! I love it! It really changes the way you look at things and helps you avoid the I-must-have-a-slow-metabolism mindset that can hold you back.

HotWings 02-26-2010 04:06 PM

I've been using it about 3 weeks! It was an eye opener when I first looked at the stats. It has helped me to change little things - like not sitting down during the day so much. I found the sleep analyzer part interesting too. I don't wear it at night anymore, but did for about a week to see how efficient my sleep was. If I am particularly stressed, I wear it at night to see if it is affecting my sleep, though. It's really nice to know what *I* personally am burning during the day instead of guessing! :yes:

HotWings 02-26-2010 04:10 PM

Does anyone use the wrist thing along with the band? Is it really helpful?

PeanutsMom704 02-26-2010 04:11 PM

oh, good, glad to see some others here!!

I went ahead and ordered the large armband - the medium one fits, but a little too snugly, I think, and it wasn't comfortable after a few hours.

It really is an eye opener to see the data. For these first couple of days, I was trying to do just the normal, basic things, and not make any conscious effort to add extra activity, aside from normal workouts. Once I get the new band, I want to see if I can start hitting 10,000 steps a day - I'm still falling quite a ways short, but they seem to add up pretty quickly, so it's good incentive to add even just a small amount of extra movement.

PeanutsMom704 02-26-2010 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotWings (Post 3174436)

I got the wrist thing, and yes, I think it's very, very helpful. As I posted above, one thing that I want to focus on is hitting 10,000 steps a day, so seeing that right in front of me all the time is very motivating to make myself get up from my desk and walk around for a few minutes so I can log a few hundred steps!

FitGirlyGirl 02-26-2010 09:13 PM

I'm a bodybugg girl. I've been using it since mid-August. I love it. It was worth every penny and I would have paid more if I had to. I love that there are things that before I would have thought were not good enough to count as exercise that I know better now, I can burn around 450 calories in an hour just stepping in place while I watch a t.v. show. I love that I know which workouts are best for me. I love that I am held accountable without having to step on a scale in front of people. I think weight watchers is awesome for the help that it gives to so many people, but it terrifies me, and I much prefer keeping it between me, my bugg, and all you chicks. Most of all, I love that it is working. It is still just a tool though, and you will only get out of it what you put into it. It is my favorite tool so far.

FitGirlyGirl 02-26-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotWings (Post 3174436)

I have a digital display and I love it. I can see just where I am for the day without having to be at my computer. I love the trip meter for workouts, it shows me the calories burned during that time and the calories per minute. It is awesome for comparing activities. The only time I do not have my display with me is when I am sleeping. I check it probably every 3-5 minutes during a workout and at least once every 30-60 minutes when I'm not working out. I don't wear it as a watch though. I hate even normal watches and this thing is big and clunky for a watch. I put it on the little clip and I either clip it to the bottom of my t-shirt or I put it in my pocket.

katkitten 02-26-2010 09:36 PM

I just ordered the digital display :) the tracking number says it has been delivered but I'm sick today and dont feel up to walking over to the mailboxes to get it lol

mulder1921 02-26-2010 09:56 PM

I love my GWF like I love my dog..... a lot! I have the digital display and I tend to look at it a few times an hour, especially later in the day to see if I need to pump up the activity.
It has totally changed my mindset also. I always thought I was eating too much, but it turns out I wasn't eating enough!
Good luck with yours!

Idealmuse 02-26-2010 10:11 PM

Bodybugg here

HotWings 02-26-2010 10:47 PM

Oh it looks like I am going to have to break down and buy the digital display. :lol: In a few weeks, that baby is mine I tell you!

PeanutsMom704 02-27-2010 09:25 AM

great there are so many HAPPY users here!

I was a little nervous at first because the first day I used it, I ended up with 2 red welts on my arm where the sensors were. But the next day, I wore it lower down on my arm so it was a little looser and I didn't have that issue. So I think that it was more that it was just pressed too tightly against my arm for too long, and that's why I reacted. I decided to wait until I get the new armband to start wearing it all day again, but I will wear for part of the day over the weekend - I want to compare what is say for calorie burn vs what the Wii Fit calculates.

GirlyGirlSebas 02-27-2010 12:55 PM

I ordered mine last week and have been wearing it everyday now. I love it! What an eye opener. My husband has one, too.

I now know why I have gained so much weight. I began calorie tracking again on the GoWear site and it is incredibly easy for me to reach 1800 calories a day. I can only imagine how many I was consuming each day. And, I have the metabolism of a slug! Seriously, I work at my computer all day and don't move around much. I'm finding it to be quite a fun game to increase my calorie burn and my steps each day. I also wear mine at night. The other night I was surprised to see that, although I was laying down for 7 1/2 hours, my actual sleep time was only 5 hours and 53 mins. Wow! This makes me stop and think about why I may not be sleeping well. That evening, I had two cups of coffee. Now, I wonder. Does the coffee keep me up at night without me realizing it?

PeanutsMom704 02-27-2010 06:50 PM

I am looking forward to getting more info about my sleep. I already know that I don't sleep that well, but maybe quantifying it will help me figure out just how much of a problem it is, and if I need to get more aggressive about trying to fix things. My doctor suggested a sleep study as a possibility but I wasn't sure it was bad enough to warrant going down that road.

But I'm going to wait until I get the bigger arm band, since right now, it does get a little uncomfortable to wear for all that long.