I am a chocoholic and just about everyone in the office knows it. One of the doctors I work for keeps a major stash in his office---I'm talking at least a dozen good chocolate bars in a fridge. He's also a "chocolate pusher".
Yesterday I was in his office & he holds out 5 little pieces of chocolate (smaller that the little Ghiradelli squares). They were fine pieces of Belgian chocolate. YUM! He said, "I know what you're trying to do & I applaud you, but this little bit won't hurt." I thanked him (a little annoyed), and walked out of his office back to mine.
I ate two and put the others in the desk drawer. But, the two I ate, I actually tasted. I broke off little pieces and let it melt on my tongue rather than popping the entire square in mouth. Each piece lasted 4-5 minutes rather than 15 seconds.
I'm in another area today, so the 3 chocolate pieces I didn't eat, will be there for another time.