Count me in!

• Hi everyone.

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I'm on a journey to lose 100 pounds. I'm 5'3" and currently 270 pounds. I started at 292. I was approaching 30, my baby turned 1 and I found I was 30 lbs heavier than when I gave birth.

Talk about a wake up call.

I'm hoping to count calories, lower my carbs and add exercise to my routines. I had gestational diabetes with my son and controlled it with diet. I hope to use what I learned to get to my goal weight.

I want another child and I want to be able to be there for both of them! I just know I need to be accountable to someone, or I will slack.

I hope you ladies and gents will be the accountability and support I need. My husband is great, but he just doesn't push me when I need it.
  • Welcome aboard! This is a great place to help you meet your very realistic goals. 100 lbs seems overwhelming at the beginning, so many of us like to break it up into mini goals. As you can see in my signature, I'm a fan.

Good luck and I look forward to reading more of what you have to offer!
  • Welcome and good luck !
  • Thanks! I do have some mini goals, but I'm kind of lost and can't find how to edit my signature in the User CP menu. I will have to work a bit harder to find it I think hehe

My first mini goal is to lose 10 % - 29 lbs. I need 7 more to reach that goal - again. I was down to 262, but have bounced back up to 270 in the past month thanks to some health issues.
  • Welcome and congratulations on addressing this problem now. I sure wish that I had done that after having my babies. I always felt that I had to eat when the babies did. I bet that it won't take you long to lose that 7 pounds to get to your first mini goal.

To edit your signature, click on "User CP" on the lavender menu bar towards the top of the page. Then click on "edit signature". There are limitations on what you can do until you have been here for awhile. I am sorry but I don't remember exactly what but I know that you will have to post a certain number of posts before you can add a ticker.

To edit the information on the left side around your avatar, click on "edit profile" under the User CP.

Hope this helps. I look forward to your posts!
  • Congrats on your weight loss so far. 3FC is an awesome place for support, glad you found your way here.

The signature is something that you have to wait for. I believe it is 20 days and 20 posts.
  • Ahh thanks for the signature explanation. I was going nuts as to why it didn't show up, but the wait period makes sense!
  • Welcome AND congrats on your success already! You'll love this place!
  • Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Congrats on your success so far.
  • Welcome - great progress so far!
  • Welcome!

I'm still in the waiting game for my signature as well, but easily went over the necessary post count. This place makes losing weight easier than ever, honestly. It really makes you hold yourself accountable for your actions and the people here are so incredibly nice and helpful.