Old 02-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #16  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

the healthy cooking class the the volunteering are great ideas. I signed up for NY Cares, but haven't had the chance to do anything as yet. It's beginning to be the time of the year that parks need help with the spruce up work, if you like doing that.

you might want to pick a nice food market in the Boston area you haven't explored much and buy some fixin's.

maybe some activity that's outside your comfort zone, like karate, kick boxing, boxing (if they are outside your zone, that is).

thinking for you and myself with all this stuff, ha. keep in mind, spring is around the corner, and that tends to chase the mehs away, for me at least.

your pic looks great, Matt!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #17  

S/C/G: See Ticker

Height: 5'3.5''

We are in the home stretch now Matt. In less than 3 weeks we go into daylight savings, and before you know it it will be spring...for now, see if you can change your routine a bit.... why not plan a party, or a weekend away ?
marigrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

I wonder if you need to find another BIG PROJECT to pursue.

I know not everyone is like this, but I love having some huge goal to obsess about. Weight loss is great for that. It gives life a huge purpose.

But you are nearing your weight goal and it seems like you've achieved plenty of fitness goals, so maybe it's time to set your mind to some project, like climbing Mt. Everest, or composing a symphony or something.

I exaggerate, but only slightly. I think the people who can set a long term goal to lose 100 or 200 pounds or more are people who can achieve great things and lofty goals. Maybe you want to sail around the world...

Just food for thought to maybe get you headed in a new direction.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Can you try different recipes that are similar to what you have been eating, but not higher in calories? I found that I got into a rut when I ate a certain type of protein, cause I only knew how to cook it one way. Now, I have a few more ways of cooking it, and feel sooo much more enthused about eating certain foods.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:35 AM   #20  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Thanks for the comments everyone. When the weather is nicer, I'm definitely going to exploring a bit around the area and take up hiking. I also need to do something this weekend (day trip some place).
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #21  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

There are some great meetup hiking groups in my area; I bet there are some in yours as well. It's a good way to meet like-minded people, and have someone to go hiking with (not always easy to find among your peer group, in my experience.)

When I get really sick of my routine I go back to basics. Sounds counter intuitive, I suppose, but plotting out a new run in my neighborhood and making a new running mix for my iPod usually helps me refocus my efforts.

Are you weight training? I started P90X twelve weeks ago and the results have been great for my strength. It's an investment for sure, but it's been a lot of fun.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #22  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

mattttttttt....mattttttttttyyyyyyyyy...mattttttttt ttoooootttttoooooo yah I got nothin' I was trying to distract you

I know what you mean, some days/weeks I get the feeling "wow i wake up, brush my teeth, work, home, clean, eat, tv, bed....repeat" UGH LOL

volunteering helped me! I love it! I don't do anything super meaningful like help AIDS patients at a hospice or anything ~ i play piano for old folks at a home (and ummm they pat me on the head and say i'm a nice GIRL ....a 40 year old GIRL yay!!!) lol Oldies love help! and to talk and tell fun stories! I feel great just visiting, making them laugh etc.! At least it gets my mind off of ME for a while lol

it'll be spring sooooooooooooonnnnnnnn
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 PM   #23  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Do you like to read? I know reading is a sedentary activity but the library is like a whole world of exciting things to look at, read about, listen to, rent to watch. I love love LOVE to read and it is a great escape from cabin fever. I've borrowed books on CD to listen to on loooong car rides, maybe you can borrow some great adventures to listen to while you run, walk, exercise...

BTW, your pic is very handsome!!
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #24  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

I love the new pic.

Some of the things that help me when I start feeling in a rut are new music, new clothes (including new workout stuff), something new to do - like the volunteering thing, or a big project that needs to be tackled at your house (we're painting the kitchen), anything that gives you something to focus on. My gym has a program where they will pair people up who enjoy the same things, maybe you could find someone who doesn't mind running in the colder weather with you? Also, since you have had such awesome success maybe your gym could give you a buddy that is just starting on the journey that you could help.

Last edited by FitGirlyGirl; 02-23-2010 at 04:46 PM.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #25  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I think that's an awesome idea, FitGirlyGirl! Matt, if you have time, being a mentor to others starting at similar places as you would be pretty inspiring to them and would keep you focused on your own journey. The big way to change your life is to learn to see it from a different perspective.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitGirlyGirl View Post
Also, since you have had such awesome success maybe your gym could give you a buddy that is just starting on the journey that you could help.
This is such a great idea!
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote