3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Active Lifestyle NSV! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/194897-active-lifestyle-nsv.html)

LitChick 02-21-2010 11:04 PM

Active Lifestyle NSV!

As some of you may know, I am training to participate in a half-marathon next month and have been following a training regimen. Today was the day to do 10 miles, my highest number of miles yet. And I did it! In just a couple minutes over 2 hours, with running 4 minutes and walking 2 minutes, repeated. The last two miles were tough and some of the hills were killer, but I did it!

I followed that up by going biking with my husband and some friends this afternoon, and biked 23 miles in about 2 hours. My quads were feeling quite sore by the end but I actually enjoyed myself and was able to keep a good pace without feeling like I was overdoing it.

And then tonight we went to a charity bowling event. Unfortunately my bowling skills are not up to par with my running and biking. I only managed to break a hundred once out of three frames. :dizzy:

I had my weigh-in at WW on Friday and made the 75lbs lost milestone. My leader asked me what was different between now and when I started. Honestly, looking better and fitting in smaller clothes is great, but I LOVE that I can push my body to do things now that I could never have imagined doing a year ago. It is such a great feeling! :goodvibes

jewelrymaker81 02-21-2010 11:07 PM

You rock!!! Way to go!!!:cheer2:

Idealmuse 02-22-2010 12:18 AM

I'm really happy for you! Very very impressive! You'll do great in your race I'm sure. 10 miles is huge. I did a 15k this fall which is just short of 10. Was a great feeling. I'm training for crazy things right now though :)

ubergirl 02-22-2010 01:08 AM

Wowzers! I'm in awe of you! I can't even imagine doing that much in one day, but I'm going to think of you as I'm slogging through my measly C25k routine.

I have to be honest, before I got to 3FC, I never believed that we larger ladies even COULD run.... turned out I was wrong about that! But ten miles, followed by a bike ride??? That's just JOCK HERO CITY!

uclr0028 02-22-2010 02:44 AM

Wow .. Way to go..Hopefully you are not too sore tomorrow..

Nada 02-22-2010 09:44 AM

OK, so how sore are you? We had an intense session in boot camp Friday and oh my glutes! on Saturday. Worse I kept dropping things and having to decide how important it was to pick them up :)

LitChick 02-22-2010 10:20 AM

Actually, today I am not sore at all! By the time I got home and posted this last night, I was a little sore and took a couple advil. But this morning, I would not know that I had done anything yesterday.

I took a boot camp (exercising 5 days a week for three weeks) a year or so ago, and it kicked my butt! I had to ice down my shins, etc. It was no joke!

matt_H 02-22-2010 10:37 AM

wow wow wow wow wow!!

A half marathon is awesome!! I'm still at the 5K level and am training to do a 10K in April.